What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting in gear now, nearly 1pm.

Waiter? I'll have the Mark Twain Legend special with a cup of coffee. Thanks.

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Similar to @ftrplt, we have a beautiful sunny day here in the Bluegrass! I took Jacksie out for a leisurely wslk. I loaded my Barling Sovereign bent acorn with saddle stem with MB Golden Extra. But I packed in too much resulting in a poor draw and difficulty in both getting and keeping it lit. Toward the bottom, I had to give up and when I emptied it a moist lump from the bottom tumbled out. Live and learn. 🤓
Barling Sovereign Bent Acorn.jpg

Back to the Legend with a bowl of H&H. It's a very comforting smoke. I've begun looking for Old Chum online, it was my father's favourite. Made by Imperial Tobacco in Canada. All I have been able to find are empty tins, it is long out of production - ended sometime around 1980. We used the tins to store everything from nails to those little injection molded farm animals I had as a child. He also smoked Old Port which was bought out by STG, it's still produced in pouch - blech! Not that it matters, I haven't found anyone that stocks it yet, sales appear to be Eurocentric.

Attachments

• MM Legend.jpg
    MM Legend.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Old Chum.jpg
    Old Chum.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Old Port.jpg
    Old Port.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star Cafe 645, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Gentleman’s Rum Vanilla (Limited Edition) in a 1975 medium bend sandblasted looking, smooth on the sides yellow Pioneer meer billiard with a black ferrule and vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Working on a review of this blend.
Pioneer meer billiard .jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, char and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. Tomorrow is an off diet day. :) Now smoking Seattle Pipe Club Virginia Jazz in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
BBB_Own_Make307_apple .jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend brown Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in quite a while. It is a great Stonehaven pipe. Watching a Gene Autry movie.
Peterson_Limerick69.jpg

I went to Davidoff,s NYC at noon today. Walked it - just a few blocks from my hotel. I had a wonderful conversation with a young man about pipes and tobaccos. I remember when I was working at Diebel's old guys coming in with their Comoy Blue Ribbons and finer talking about the "good old days". Well, today the old guy archetype fell on me. I looked over their pipes and found an answer to my vulcanite & UV problem; they have little socks that fit over the stem. Not for sale, but makeable. After cleaning all my stems a couple of weeks ago, I didn't want to just put them in my racks exposed to Sun & air. (I do have cabinets with drawers that shield, but other racks that don't.) Well, purchased Davidoff cigars (Winston Churchill Late Hour Toros and tin tobacco). But again, how refreshing to visit and talk pipes and tobacco.