What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• beer_toast_pc_800_wht.jpg
    beer_toast_pc_800_wht.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
Good morning friends,
Today I tried Grainger on my walk to work, as I said I would. It was a really pleasant smoke and takes the crown for my favorite codger blend thus far, and my favorite burley.
Smoked it out of my cheap mm cob.
The bottle was painted by my wife.

Tomorrow I try the highly compressed mess of several codger blends. I don't really have expectations of it being good, but I'll have fun!
My grandpap smoked Granger and I mean to try it some day!

Today, on my 48th birthday, I am enjoying my most prized pipe, a 1953 patent era Dunhill LB, filled with my favorite blend, Scottish Cake. Black coffee on the side. My wife brought me donuts for breakfast, a special treat I indulge in only rarely. A light breeze through the trees with a slightly overcast sky. A fine morning. Hope everyone enjoys their day.View attachment 18443
Happy birthday!

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Just managed to feed Sleepy Suzy, Molly Danger, Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave without a speck of drama. That's rare, and a good way to start the day. :)
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Today, on my 48th birthday, I am enjoying my most prized pipe, a 1953 patent era Dunhill LB, filled with my favorite blend, Scottish Cake. Black coffee on the side. My wife brought me donuts for breakfast, a special treat I indulge in only rarely. A light breeze through the trees with a slightly overcast sky. A fine morning. Hope everyone enjoys their day.View attachment 18443
Happy 48th!!! Enjoy that Patent DH!!! Grand pipes!! FTRPLT

Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke. Watching the Phillies-Jays game.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Now that I've eaten a great lunch, Its codger plug time.
You can see my process in the linked images. The plug is made up of equal parts of Carter Hall, PA, Velvet, and Grainger. First impressions tell me it turned out better than I thought it would and I intend to repeat the process with other tobaccos.
The plug has become sweeter in scent, it smells very nice. Nicer than its constituent parts which was unexpected. It also ended up moister and darker in color than before.
The flavor is a little disappointing. It tastes completely monolithic. any flavor nuance has gone. It's not bad but Its not impressive or worth repeating. The only nuance was a slight cocoa note as the bowl progressed. That and a more intense nicotine buzz which I don't appreciate.
I'll try other blends next time.

Attachments

• 20240508_122118.jpg
    20240508_122118.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240508_122157.jpg
    20240508_122157.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240508_122403.jpg
    20240508_122403.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Now that I've eaten a great lunch, Its codger plug time.
You can see my process in the linked images. The plug is made up of equal parts of Carter Hall, PA, Velvet, and Grainger. First impressions tell me it turned out better than I thought it would and I intend to repeat the process with other tobaccos.
The plug has become sweeter in scent, it smells very nice. Nicer than its constituent parts which was unexpected. It also ended up moister and darker in color than before.
The flavor is a little disappointing. It tastes completely monolithic. any flavor nuance has gone. It's not bad but Its not impressive or worth repeating. The only nuance was a slight cocoa note as the bowl progressed. That and a more intense nicotine buzz which I don't appreciate.
I'll try other blends next time.
I applaud your efforts Gaius 👏👏👏

Enjoyed two big egg, ham and cheese sandwiches along with a Jehthro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins, plus a big and tasty golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts lunch. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Watching both the scampers rollin' and fighting around the den, and the Dodgers-Marlins game with the shy orange tabby sleeping by my side. The extra attention I've given him has opened up his personality and dependence on me. I still hope to find a good home for him, and the other scampers, but unfortunately, few people seem interested. :(
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Happy Birthday mate 🎂A great way to celebrate (y)