What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cocktail time. A Bloody Mary and my new cob (a MM Emerald) and some CH. Cobs are amazing 4 bowls and it’s a done deal. What an awesome material to make a pipe out of.
IMG_0367.jpeg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

I followed that with a bowl of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a 1920s medium bend smooth dark brown BBB Umbra bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit.
BBB_Umbra_bulldog.jpg

Now, I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Charatan_Deluxe_11_right .jpg

Cocktail time. A Bloody Mary and my new cob (a MM Emerald) and some CH. Cobs are amazing 4 bowls and it’s a done deal. What an awesome material to make a pipe out of.View attachment 18460
The Emerald is a great looking pipe, too. I was torn between it and the Charlestowne Cobbler. I went with the Cobbler. I am certain you will enjoy this pipe for years to come.

Good Afternoon my friends. Its another beautiful hot day in old blighty. And I'm about to load up my Grandfather's old sterling silver trimmed Calabash with some St.Bruno. This pipe is unbelievably awesome. It always delivers a long, deeply satisfying smoke. View attachment 18433

That is a fantastic looking pipe Zippo. No smoking for me, have had a pretty nasty cough the last week or so. Hoping it clears up soon.

Going to lite a Bauza torpedo. I bought these in the 90s and have several boxes. Excellent cigar with an old Cuba ancestry. Worked cleaning out flowers beds today and mowing the lawn. I have a
20240508_185827.jpg
John Deere 535 and its a pleasure to mow with. The cigar was made in Honduras. Dinner of sliced steak, Brussel sprouts with onions & garlic. Drinking a Lowland SM whiskey imported by Costco - v. good.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with some oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert. My after dinner smoke was a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

And I just finished smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Been busy chatting with a good friend. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a late 1890s, early 1900s straight smooth brown unbranded billiard with an A&D silver cap and ferrule with a tapered amber stem and orific bit. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
1890-1900 A&D unbranded billiard_silver&amberish.jpg

After dinner smoke, Pete Strand, PS french vanilla,mug of Peet`s dark roast coffee. having some back issues again, bringing my mood down which is why I have not been posting much lately.
Probably for the best mate :ROFLMAO: get well soon and give the "wild thing" a little gentler in future (y):p I feel ya pain probably like many other old buggers here I love this meme so true (y)

1715230094076.png

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Cringle Flake (Holiday Edition 2023 in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Watching the rest of the Braves-Red Sox game that I missed while phone chatting with a friend.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a full bent black sandblasted post-WWII (Comoy’s) Gresham Magnum 816 cavalier with a tapered black vulcanite stem and bottom cap. This will end my smoking day. Reading baseball box scores.
Comoy’s_Gresham Magnum816 cavalier.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a full bent black sandblasted post-WWII (Comoy’s) Gresham Magnum 816 cavalier with a tapered black vulcanite stem and bottom cap. This will end my smoking day. Reading baseball box scores.
View attachment 18482
I love weird, bizarre, and wonderful pipes Jim. And that one is amazing. I love it.

Went to bed early, but woke up, and checked on the cats since it has been raining the last few hours. I fed Sleepy Suzy and Daisy the Feral Princess apart from each other which took a little time as both were hungry, and a tad nervous. Them I saw the motion light come on, and Abner the Eager was sitting on the doormat. I opened the door to let him in, and both Tomato the Brave and Harry the Hairy came running. Harry terrified Abner with his yowling, so I let Abner inside to eat under my supervision. I fed Harry, and let Tomato in, too, but kept him away from Abner. After Abner ate his dry food, he hid in the food cabinet because he's afraid of Tomato, and of going back outside. But, I had to do that, and giving Abner some attention did not erase the very sad look on his face. At least there's shelter from the rain if Abner chooses to use it. After that, I was able to feed Tomato wet food, which he gets twice a day. Tomato is laying on the couch, and I will keep him in because he was neutered, and won't spray like Abner might. Now, I'm going to let Sam the Scamp out of lock up, and go to bed at last.

Finished this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

Last edited: