What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Pirates-Giants game on the XM, and traffic copping the hungry ferals.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Yesterday I took a tumble down our basement stairs; 1885-built house, steep, tiny stairs, concrete floor waiting at the bottom. I think I slipped off the second step, so it was a long ride. Spent five hours running back and forth between the urgent care and the hospital, and doing a lot of waiting around while my head was killing me. Anyway, thank the Lord, nothing broken and no brain bleed. When my son and I got home yesterday, I went straight to bed and passed out for three hours. When I woke up, I caught the tail end of wife and kids scurrying around rearranging things to keep me from going into the basement. And I am banned from those stairs. (I guess they like me ;-) ) If I want to go to the basement, I have to use the hatch under the front porch; still a few steps, but the whole trip is only about 2 1/2 feet down.

I had a pipe last night, but it was disappointing. Head still hurt too much to enjoy it. Right now, having 965 in a MM Dwarf Cobbit. I'm going to lose my pipe porch soon. For now, technically I'm still 'outdoors,' but last weekend we put the sheathing and house wrap on those bare studs that always show up in my pictures.

Otis is looking dejected because that bottom strip of house wrap is upside down.

Attachments

• 20240523_130301.jpg
    20240523_130301.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side for lunch. Shrinkflation has reduced the size of the slices. I've a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Cubs game. Still haven't found a home for the two kittens. I hate that they are going to end up as out door cats.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Yesterday I took a tumble down our basement stairs; 1885-built house, steep, tiny stairs, concrete floor waiting at the bottom. I think I slipped off the second step, so it was a long ride. Spent five hours running back and forth between the urgent care and the hospital, and doing a lot of waiting around while my head was killing me. Anyway, thank the Lord, nothing broken and no brain bleed. When my son and I got home yesterday, I went straight to bed and passed out for three hours. When I woke up, I caught the tail end of wife and kids scurrying around rearranging things to keep me from going into the basement. And I am banned from those stairs. (I guess they like me ;-) ) If I want to go to the basement, I have to use the hatch under the front porch; still a few steps, but the whole trip is only about 2 1/2 feet down.

I had a pipe last night, but it was disappointing. Head still hurt too much to enjoy it. Right now, having 965 in a MM Dwarf Cobbit. I'm going to lose my pipe porch soon. For now, technically I'm still 'outdoors,' but last weekend we put the sheathing and house wrap on those bare studs that always show up in my pictures.

Otis is looking dejected because that bottom strip of house wrap is upside down.
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Take care and stay off those steps.

Take care, friend. I know I have to on steps and what not.

Now smoking Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Good morning gents. A little over half way through a bowl of Zippos recipe Tumbleweed in a Calabresi bent brandy with morning coffee. Have to go give Cochise his last round of meds this morning, then have an Honor Guard event this afternoon at the National Cemetery. 70 with a slight breeze so should be a nice day. When I worked for the airlines in Atlanta I had a room with a nice older lady. Her house was next to a forested area and squirrels were rampant. A couple of times a week I would sit on the back deck with a pellet gun and pop 2 or 3 of the little buggers. Skinned and cleaned them for her and she would make a great rabbit stew. Lol.
Waste not, want not.

I had just filled an MM Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy with MB HH Pure Virginia when we got a text that our Walmart order was ready for pickup. My wife and I headed out and I took the pipe along. When we returned I put the new outdoor table together and did some chores and I still have enough in the pipe to get me to dinner time!

Just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg