What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

I took an MM Washington 5th Ave filled with GLP Ashbury along on errands now I'm back to GLP Westminster in an MM Rob Roy paired with a coffee stout. I haven't been able to drink beer in years but I had two of these last week with no ill effect, hopefully it wasn't a fluke!
View attachment 18965
coffee stout is a good way to break the rules:coffee:;)

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a silver band and a black acrylic stem.
Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn.jpg

I've been a bit lax posting. Yesterday, only Truck Blend in the Stetson Truck pipe while visiting my brother. This was an appropriate pipe, because it used to belong to my father.
Today, on the porch watching and listening to a great amount of rain, while smoking a sample of my new C&D Steamworks 2024 in a Ropp Virgin De Luxe acorn. Straight out of the tin and slightly rubbed a bit then really loosely packed. It is smoking beautifully from first light. I do taste more fruit as Jim mentioned. I may have learned something about this blend's packing today. I hesitated to use this pipe, because to me, acorns are hard to smoke to the bottom and not waste this blend, but this might work. That is a tobacco basket behind the pipe with Hop. KY for Hopkinsville on it. This is still tobacco country thank God. Also posting an am picture of our little dove family who live on a shelf I made for them under the deck. Momma and young one with Dad out of the frame but just down the rail.
20240522_181315.jpg
20240522_053549.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
View attachment 18968

I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a 2002 smooth Rinaldo Silver Line 3 EGER 05 paneled horn with a silver band and a black acrylic stem.
View attachment 18969
Great grain on the Rinaldo

@Swede I use a tapered meer block filter in the bowl of my Horn bc it has a conical bowl. It's about the size of a small marble with bevelled sides and a flat top. I've been impressed by how well it works. I picked up a half dozen from Meerschaum market when I bought this pipe, just as a lark. I wanted to see if they actually work. I am pleased with the results; no dottle, no gurgle and no mess.
1716421397260.jpeg

PS: I really like that acorn, it would be a shame not to smoke it.

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made for this blend although I do wish I knew what the original owner smoked it in. I'm the second owner of this pipe, and I take some pride in knowing that status will last a long time.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a 2017 smooth, straight medium brown made in France Comoy’s Riband 298 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Riband298_Canadian.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Stuff burns slow even after eight years in a jar. Watching the Dodgers-D-Backs game.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

Is Bundaberg an Australian product?
Yes Eutychus not sure if they export it over there but its a beaut smooth rum. I have never really like the spiced rum but do like The Kraken rum also.

Bundaberg Extra Smooth Red has been crafted to deliver an incredibly smooth taste while retaining the unique character for which Bundaberg Rum is famous. Filtered through red gum charcoal to deliver an incredibly smooth finish with hints of brown sugar, caramel and honey.

Attachments

• 1716434915428.png
    1716434915428.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 0