What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a quarter of a bowl left of year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Now smoking KBV Barista Meditation beta test in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem. Making beta test notes on this blend.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

A bit different for me this afternoon. Some 8-year-old Granger in a Charles Towne Cobbler followed by Watch City Slices in a old MM "Original" modified gently bent cob. This cob originally belonged to the late "FishnBanjo!!" FTRPLT

Closing in on the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-Left.jpg

Starting the day with GH Balkan Mixture in an MM Rob Roy. Yesterday was a cold New England day perfect for roasting coffee and other indoor chores. The weather also dictated in between pipes which alternated between Balkan Mixture and Balkan Sasieni. The day came to a close with London Mixture.

Last edited:
Up early, for me, this am. Out of bed at 6. Wanted to get in a long bowl and a couple cups of coffee before taking the truck in for service at 9. Then gotta take the wife to a dental appt. Then to the VA for her afternoon volunteer shift. Lot of running around. Lol. So it's Urban Cowboy in the Lorenzo Old Vic giant with fresh Columbia Peaks coffee. Good for at least an hour or more.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg