What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Quick lunch,now relaxing with a Bari Wiking freehand filled with CS Rivendell. Bottle of Pellegrino mineral water too.
I successfully got my E-bay Bari pipe in the house without the wife's knowledge,I just put it in an alcohol bath,this old pipe looks like it has not been cared for in many years.That`s E-bay for you,sometimes you win and sometimes,you lose...

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 4Noggins Prairie Wind in a smooth medium brown medium bend 1950s B.B.B. Own Make 307 apple with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite saddle stem. Just got in a bunch of really cool estate pipes including a 1938 Dunhill, a couple of old Petes, Bertrams, BBBs, etc.
BBB_Own_Make307_apple .jpg

Finally relaxing after my yearly physical, putting the new mattress on the bed, and, going to the farm down the street to get a beef brisket to corn for St. Patrick's Day! I'm smoking Dunhill London Mixture in an MM Kingston Judge along with a cup of Tanzanian Peaberry coffee.

Enjoyed a tasty, late lunch, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Been busy cataloguing the wonderful estate pipes I got today. Lots of great old wood there!
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Benediction in the Bari Wiking freehand acquired from EZONSLOW. He was right, this pipe is huge. Not just the tobacco chamber, but the whole pipe. Fills my hand like the goncalo alves grips on my Ruger GP100, lol. Definitely NOT a clincher. But smoking good. Hot tea with.

Finally relaxing after my yearly physical, putting the new mattress on the bed, and, going to the farm down the street to get a beef brisket to corn for St. Patrick's Day! I'm smoking Dunhill London Mixture in an MM Kingston Judge along with a cup of Tanzanian Peaberry coffee.
I've always liked peaberry. Actually, most of the Africans. Peaberry is one of my favs. Enjoy!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with a few bites of pineapple for dessert. I've just passed the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to photograph the pipes I got today.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

I successfully got my E-bay Bari pipe in the house without the wife's knowledge,I just put it in an alcohol bath,this old pipe looks like it has not been cared for in many years.That`s E-bay for you,sometimes you win and sometimes,you lose...
And sometimes that Ebay pipe that looks beaten and neglected cleans up nicely and smokes like a dream.
Good luck.

Smoking a Pete XL90s wIth Virginia gold vanilla tobacco and a freshly perked mug of coffee. I bought a bag of this as an emergency stash and it`s surprisingly good for what it cost me. My tobacco order will not be here until Saturday.

More of the usual; Carter Hall in an MM Country Gentleman.

The pond thawed Friday and Saturday. With the gentle breeze there was a hint of shimmer on it this morning and 7 geese were swimming on it. Spring may be near.

Saturday it was 60°F and a bit humid. In the evening we had thunderstorms and tornadoes. Seven people died a few miles from us.

Saturday was also our 45th wedding anniversary.

Sunday night it snowed a couple of inches. Supposed to get a bit more in a couple of days.

Yesterday there was a shooting at a high school up in Des Moines near where my wife works. One student died and 2 more were hospitalized.

Of course the Ukraine vs. Russia ordeal is foremost on my mind. That along with relatives recovering (???) from Covid-19 cause my thoughts to keep getting jerked around.

There is a lot to despair about these days. The best most if us can do is hope and pray for a better future.
I feel like putting up a hut back in my timber so I can retreat for some good old meditation/contemplation sessions but my post is off topic for the forum so I'll shut up now. :D