What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing this bowl of year 2013 FVF in a 2002 three quarter bend light brown sandblasted Ardor Urano Fatta A Mano eight sided paneled shaped bulldog sitter with a black acrylic saddle stem.
Ardor Urano square shaped bulldog.jpg

Good morning gentlemen, and Sturdy Papa. Just kidding. I'm sure you're a gentleman even if you are a self described social leper, lol. Actually I can relate. Fortunately my wife gets me. She just bought me a tee shirt that says, I like horses, dogs, and maybe 3 people, lol. Not totally true as I like all the guys on here which is more than 3. Enough rambling. Starting my day with Sutliff Crumble Kake in a Sav Hercules 606EX. Big mug of coffee of course. No birdies out yet but a couple of bunnies romping about.
Ranger,
I have much more in common with you fellas in the pipe smoking community than the bedhead-pajama wearing humans you run across in public these days. My wife has actually commented on buying me a similar t-shirt like the one you described. I spent 33 1/2 years in a very coarse line of work where I picked up a sarcastic humor that was probably a defense mechanism to deal with stress. You former military guys understand what I’m speaking of. So, what you see is what you get with me. If I like you, I’ll joke you, and treat you like family. If I don’t like you, I just give you a wide berth and stay silent. BoB is old school values and guys who look out for one another. Family.

Today started off with Country Squire Cowboy Coffee in the Castello K31 Trademark. I switched over to my 1970’s Ben Wade Intermezzo with PS Luxury Navy Flake, but was interrupted a 1/3 of the way through the bowl. Dumped the remnants and started back a few hours later with a 50/50 mixture of PS Luxury Navy and Luxury Twist Flake. The smoke was a 9/10. Only thing holding it back from a 10 was still being in a work atmosphere. Everyone have a good night.
E3662BD8-C7FC-4697-ABA7-E4E278098427.jpeg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this big bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a smooth brown 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog with a black acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Got a lot done tonight, and have a few minutes to unwind before going to work.
Rinaldo Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog .jpg

Ranger,
I have much more in common with you fellas in the pipe smoking community than the bedhead-pajama wearing humans you run across in public these days. My wife has actually commented on buying me a similar t-shirt like the one you described. I spent 33 1/2 years in a very coarse line of work where I picked up a sarcastic humor that was probably a defense mechanism to deal with stress. You former military guys understand what I’m speaking of. So, what you see is what you get with me. If I like you, I’ll joke you, and treat you like family. If I don’t like you, I just give you a wide berth and stay silent. BoB is old school values and guys who look out for one another. Family.
Well said Sturdy, I totally get you 👍

Good morning, Sutliff Whimsical in a Vauen bent with newly received 9mm Vauen ceramic charcoal filter installed. It does taste different, and not sure this is the best way to enjoy this blend, but curious about these filters and Vauen's filtered pipe design. Both 8 o'clock coffee with h&h and water with bergs to drink.

I just bought a Falcon pipe. I set my face against them for years (pipes should be made of briar and vulcanite, dammit, not aluminum!), but I was persuaded at last. It's butt ugly, and I could do with a bigger bowl; but it's certainly convenient, and easy to clean. I'm trying it out with some Gawith & Hoggarth Perique Flake No. 27. Impressed so far.
I had the same need for getting a bigger Viking bowl. Found a couple off ebay. I saw quite a few Falcon bowls on 4noggins.

1990 Butz-Choquin mini churchwarden. I bought it shortly after I discharged from the Navy. My first pipe!! Yes, from a brick 🧱 in mortar shop in Modesto CA. that no longer exists. The owner had that vibe like the character in movies like “Never Ending Story” who always have that “special book” in the back that’s “probably of no interest to young boy’s such as yourself”. Well here it is tonight and I am smoking Carter Hall in it while I patiently wait for my SP Gawith & Hogarth package to roll in.

View attachment 6142
Nice pipe! That looks like a cycling hat, so do you ride?

Ranger,
Sturdy, I found another Tshirt I want. Might be good for you too. Says, Horses and Dogs make happy. Humans make my head hurt, lol. I would say most of our group are on your side.

First off this morning a shout out to the anonymous BoB who gifted me a tin of tobacco and a MM cob pipe. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Do wish you would identify yourself so I can reciprocate. Had a really busy day yesterday. A HwH mini horse event at an elder care home in PV. The old folks just love petting the horses. Then off to ride Granite Mountain with my riding buddy. Got home late afternoon and there's a package from SC. I'm thinking WTH I didn't order anything from Smoking Pipes. Some kind BoB gifted me a tin of H&H Burley Flake and a MM cob. Very much appreciated. I'm sure I will enjoy both, being a burleyphile. So, end of diatribe. This morning it's Hobbits Weed in the Don Carlos bent brandy with a big mug of strong black coffee. Again, thank you BoB for the gift.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg