What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome technical advice 😀 . I'd read a bunch of reviews with differing prep for this baccy. Glad to know your experience with it. I get some kind of satisfaction out of cutting off the side of a plug. Must have something to do with my affinity for knives. In this case a good old Swiss Army spear blade. I'll have to get a good razor blade out.
I understand your satisfaction with cutting a tobacco plug. Preparing the plug is therapeutic & nostalgic for me too. My grandpa chewed a tobacco plug called Apple Sun Cured which smelled like raisins. Plugs always remind me of him.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I fed two ferals, and Suzy, and just finished smoking year 2013 FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Padres beating the Mets.
Rinaldo Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog .jpg

That is a beautiful pipe. It looks like it is well loved.

I like the variation in the patina. It seems to echo the curl of fingers around the bowl.

Re the tobacco: does C&D cycle through the Wintertime Reserve releases and bring back past blends? There were a few that I missed a couple of years ago.
Thanks. That meer was a gift from a good friend. It's a great smoker.

I haven't smoked enough of the Wintertime Reserve blends to answer your question, but none of them match last year's versions, or the couple I smoked before that.

Good Morning everyone.
Cleaned a few pipes this morning, and decided to plug a Savinelli Long John 413 with some of Petersons Early Morning Pipe. This is a pipe I don't smoke very often, it's extremely long, as the name suggests. I call it my half Church Warden. But it smokes perfectly. And it really deserves to be smoked more often. The Bakki jar was another find by Mrs Z, she paid a couple of quid for, from a junk shop. She's a good girl. Large cappuccino on the side.
Have a great day my friends.

Attachments

• 20221008_115906.jpg
    20221008_115906.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Up early this morning. Waiting for the sun to crack the horizon. Urban Cowboy in the Don Carlos huge 1/2 bent dublin with my first mug of coffee. Leaving in a couple of hours to head down to PHX to meet a rescue dog we are thinking of getting as a companion dog for our Shih Tzu Molly.
Awwww good luck buddy, hope it all works out for you

Going to indulge myself with a plugging of Rangers Awesome Hobbit Weed in a Parker Jockey Club Zulu. I can see absolutely no reason this pipe was rejected by Dunhill QC dept. The grain is gorgeous, no scuffs scratches or wotnots. And it smokes supremely awesome. All I can say is, Dunhill will never give me a job in quality control lol

Enjoyed an obscene amount of cinnamon raisin French toast with a sliced peach on the side. I've a third of a bowl left of KBV Mr. Christian’s Butterscotch Toddy in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Working on a review of this blend as I watch the Rays-Guardians play in the 11th inning. No score, great pitching and fielding.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg