What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking a bowl from a freshly opened tin of H&H WhiteKnight 10th Anniversary (Marquee Series) in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Working on a review of this blend as I watch the Mariners-Astros game.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2011 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Today was one of those days... Char light on a bowl of PS Luxury Twist Flake interrupted. Char light on a bowl of LL Ready-Rubbed interrupted. Both bowls of tobacco wasted. End of the work day I was finally able to enjoy a bowl of WCC Flake No. 558 in a MM cob. I needed a MM the size of MacArthur’s! Lol.
EDE6508C-7619-4FB8-A765-B32F63538465.jpeg

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty peach, and am smoking a bowl from a freshly opened tin of Missouri Meerschaum Creeper of the Corn (Limited Edition) in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic tapered stem. Working on a review of this blend.
Celebri_meer.jpg

Good Afternoon from chilly and wet England. Today I'm about to plug up a Philip Perl Picasso with some American Blend Caribbean Coconut, and dream of warmer shores. I know I know, and I can all hear you screaming at me. But in all honesty, I love these sweet American blends during the day. Whereas it's in the evenings when I swap over to a more tradition tobacco. You like what you like eh lol
Have a great day my friends

Another fine morning here, and having some more GLP Temple Bar sliced, folded and stuffed in a Vauen Dr. Perl bent without filter. I've been reading about plugs, and found this post in Pipe Smokers Dens on Irish plug tobacco. It's full of great information on the manufacturing, ads, old plug pictures, etc.
https://pipesmokersdens.com/threads...orical-survey-of-their-far-famed-renown.1214/
Swede, Great article! I had to stop everything I was doing and scroll through the pictures. Especially liked the plugs stamped with the tobacco name. Thanks.

Ditto, I second what Sturdy said. yep great post Swede.
Thanks, and doesn't it make you want to have been able to smoke some of those. I'd bet some on BoB have. It's a bit sad to think of the demise of some of these plug blends. At least we have Peterson 3P and others left. I'll be getting some, asap.