What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokingpipes.com. They usually have more House pipes with the PSB rating than the Pub pipes. Also, their European site gets a few. You would like all of the finishes, but the PSB seems much lighter. I’m sure that will be on a case to case basis.
Checked them out. The PSB House Pipes were out of stock so I settled for a standard rusticated one. Only 2.6 oz so should be okay. Will see. If too heavy guess I can return it.

I bought a walking treadmill yesterday to celebrate my new full-time WFH job. Right now I'm enjoying some Old Dublin in a Peterson 01 and typing away at my laptop while enjoying a leisurely stroll. All I need now is a giant water bottle with a dribbly spout to mount on the wall next to me and I'll be all set.
WFH??? WTF. LOL

Good morning everyone. Made up a new batch of Urban Cowboy yesterday and upped the amount of ODF. Came out great. Took just a little sweetness off the black cav and added a bit of strength to the blend. Still my morning go to. Having it in the Don Carlos bent dublin. Great with the Costa Rican coffee made strong.

Hello friends. I'm very late on parade today, and I apologise, but you can all blame Nurse Ratchet whose been here all day fussing over me, while continuing to grumble about my pipe smoking. I tried explaining that I smoke for Britain, because if it wasn't for me, the government would lose billions in tobacco tax. I think that fell on unbelieving and deaf ears lol.
Anyway she's left now, and Mrs Z has moved me out to my smoking den. So I'm going to plug a Petersons liscannor XL90 with a hefty 3 pincher of Petes Sunset Breeze and puff away for GB.
Have a great day my friends.

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

This morning I am Packing my giant Ashton with St. Bruno Flake. This is a pipe I normally reserve for a long evening with relative and friends. To day however, I feel like a long smoke although I will probably break it into two sessions. I just bought a 100-gram (3.5 oz) tin of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture. In the US you pay $13.00, in Canada we pay US $37.31 + 12% consumer tax = $41.79 - an additional tax on an already monstrously taxed item. This is very punitive which, of course, is precisely the point, for in our failure to listen to our betters, we are being financially spanked for our naughty ways.

To me, most pipe smokers live in their heads; that is, they tend to be a more thoughtful, independent breed. I sometimes wondered why I am drawn to large pipes. Perhaps it’s an unconscious rebellion to the punishing price this “nanny state government” forces us to pay for our tobacco. Right now, I am enjoying my giant Ashton in spite of them. I was tempted to add a rude, written gesture to the ‘nanny state”, but I think I will let that pass.
pipe3.JPG

Smoking a Pete Lestrade with some Lane LL-7 and a mug of CR coffee. I just had a very confusing conversation with my wife! She started by telling me prices have gone up on everything and we need to cut down on OUR spending,especially since she`s out of work,which I agree with.
But then, she started to explain to me that we need to renovate the 1 st floor bathroom! I told her I planned on repainting it in the spring. She told me ,your not getting it, I want the bathtub gone and a full shower,new vanity and toilet and vinyl hardwood floor! I tried to tell her that I replaced the vanity,sink and toilet last year,She replied,I want to start fresh... I wonder what she`s smoking! LOL!

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A couple of minutes or so away from smoking year 2013 FVF in a much cherished smooth, brown straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic saddle stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time. Reading and relaxing for a while with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly is snoozin' on m'lady's lap. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
BeckerM_4heart_brandy .jpg

SG Best Brown Flake in my newly acquired vintage GBD Prehistoric 9493 pot. This cleaned up nicely, but needs some deep scrubbing of the crevices. The Flake is wonderful in this pipe with the unlit draw being nice and sweet and now the fruity sweetness is coming through this incredibly open draw.

Attachments

• 20230110_180953.jpg
    20230110_180953.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
This morning I am Packing my giant Ashton with St. Bruno Flake. This is a pipe I normally reserve for a long evening with relative and friends. To day however, I feel like a long smoke although I will probably break it into two sessions. I just bought a 100-gram (3.5 oz) tin of Mac Baren Scottish Mixture. In the US you pay $13.00, in Canada we pay US $37.31 + 12% consumer tax = $41.79 - an additional tax on an already monstrously taxed item. This is very punitive which, of course, is precisely the point, for in our failure to listen to our betters, we are being financially spanked for our naughty ways.

To me, most pipe smokers live in their heads; that is, they tend to be a more thoughtful, independent breed. I sometimes wondered why I am drawn to large pipes. Perhaps it’s an unconscious rebellion to the punishing price this “nanny state government” forces us to pay for our tobacco. Right now, I am enjoying my giant Ashton in spite of them. I was tempted to add a rude, written gesture to the ‘nanny state”, but I think I will let that pass.
View attachment 7627
Surrey, I like large pipes for my morning smoke because I like to relax, watch the sun come up, and watch the birdies for an hour or so while ruminating and reading the comments on BoB. Wife brings me more coffee so I don't have to get up myself. I find it a great way to start my day. Lol.

Smoking a Pete Lestrade with some Lane LL-7 and a mug of CR coffee. I just had a very confusing conversation with my wife! She started by telling me prices have gone up on everything and we need to cut down on OUR spending,especially since she`s out of work,which I agree with.
But then, she started to explain to me that we need to renovate the 1 st floor bathroom! I told her I planned on repainting it in the spring. She told me ,your not getting it, I want the bathtub gone and a full shower,new vanity and toilet and vinyl hardwood floor! I tried to tell her that I replaced the vanity,sink and toilet last year,She replied,I want to start fresh... I wonder what she`s smoking! LOL!
EZ, my sympathies pal. Ours started because the wife wanted a new tub. Well, she says, as long as we are replacing the tub we should get new granite and vanities. Bottom line, when done, just shy of $17K. Hope yours turns out better. LOL.

Pre dinner Benediction in a Design Berlin 1/2 bent dublin with 9mm Dr. Perl filter. More Cafe mocha with Jim Beam on the side. Trying an experiment. Seemed like the filter was restricting the draw and sublimating the taste of the tobacco. So for the last half bowl removed the filter. Definate improvement.