What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big late breakfast of Tennessee Clifty Farms country ham, biscuits, local eggs, red eye gravy, pear preserves and coffee followed by Amphora original in a Vauen bent Dr Perl.
Swede, I haven’t had red eye gravy and ham in years. If I remember correctly, it was paired with apple butter and homemade biscuits. Now that’s farm cooking.

Now smoking Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately I generally smoke Evening Flake in a 4AB, but I needed a shorter smoke, so this is back in action.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Now smoking year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s on the tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD_right.jpg

Last smoke of the day (new pain meds make me sleepy!) Smoking a Vauen bent pot with MB 7 seas regular and a decaf k-cup. Talked with my bosses wife today,but nothing got accomplished. I need to rest my back anyway.

Before a dinner of wife's yummy homemade meat loaf, a bowl of McClelland Black Shag from the Persian slipper nailed to my mantle, in my trusty companion, a Pete Watson. Still find it hard to believe Sherlock Holmes would have smoked something this bland. A big mug of Cafe Mocha with a heavy shot of Jim Beam 1795 straight bourbon aside. Not a bad combo but only a 7.5 on the Zenometer.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of Wesley’s No. 19 Pure Latakia in a small 1982 three quarter bend unbranded meer with a smiling turbaned Turk's head and a tapered yellow acrylic stem. Working on a review of this pure Latakia blend.
Unbranded_Turk1982.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 109 Medium Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Just finished cleaning some pipes.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg

Good morning BoBs. Hobbits Weed in the Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy. Big mug of coffee. Sun is up and really bright. Woke up to a thin layer of crusted icy snow. EZ, I think you will like the deerstalker. I have one in the Xmas 2021 version and it smokes great. Something coming down now but not sure what to call it. Like little tiny ice pellets. Sleet? I'm sure the Eskimos have a name for it. 😆

About a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Looks like the rain stopped.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. The rain has returned, so no walks for now. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg