What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning,
The birds and rabbits enjoyed the milder overnight temps, they even left me the first egg of the day! I'm stiing back with GLP Kensington in a Peterson Clontarf 606 and Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.
20230206_072513.jpg

Swede, Thanks. A lot of us have been disappointed with Peterson’s quality lately...me included, but this is the anomaly! The pipe was purchased on January 5th. PSB edition of the Pub. If I remember correctly it weighs 21 grams less than the normal sandblasted Pub.
So how much does it actually weigh, in ozs?? I bought the house pipe which is only slightly larger. Smoking Pipes listed it as 3.6 oz but when I got it and weighed it myself it was 4.1 oz. Too heavy for me. Sent it back.

Good morning,
Starting the day with a Bari Wiking XL bent Rhodesian and SWR aromatic and a mug of Starbucks Yukon coffee.Looks like the windstorm we had on Saturday beat up my carport pretty good, I am going to call my home owners ins. company .
Just as long and Mrs EZ are ok

Been an awful long day today, and not a single puff. Nurse Ratchet has taken a whole armfull of blood, and injected me with her serums of Batwing, Rats eye, and toad, all while humming a very suspicious tune, that sounded like an incartation or witches lament. Then spent the rest of her time bending and pushing my body, as if she was remembering the days of those rubber bendy toys from the 50s. Anyway, the point is she took forever to leave, and then waiting for Mrs Z to be able to hoist me from the bed to my chair, so I could roll down to my den of happiness Where I am now, plugging St. Bruno into a Savinelli Author, albeit with rather trembling and excitable hands.
I hope everybody is having a great day.

Last edited:
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Just passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2001 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Not walking today as my left foot is not completely healed yet.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a 1990s slight bend black Sasieni 4 Dot Ruff Root Dark 4 Dublin with a black vulcanite saddle stem. For much of the mid-70s to the early 1980s when it disappeared from the stores around me, this was my OTC smoke. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Have enough left of that for two or three more cups.
Sasieni_4Dot_Dublin.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg