What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will last a while. Just mylared up some tobacco, and am going to relax a bit.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg

Sunny and 45 (feels like 80!) hopefully we get an early spring because this has been one of the longest and coldest winters I can remember. Small Van Roy Dublin that I just finished restoring, loaded up with one of my own mixes. Red Virginia, green river cavendish, Smyrna, with 25% latakia and a smattering of dark fired Kentucky. I might have to make up a couple ounces because it came out absolutely wonderful, mild with tons of flavor.

Side note, Ranger what is urban cowboy? I couldn't find out anything about it online and I'm pretty sure you're not just smoking VHS copies of a John Travolta movie lol.

Attachments

• 20230206_143106.jpg
    20230206_143106.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with cherries for dessert. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Watch City Mistletoe Jam (Christmas 2022) in a 1979 smooth natural signed Rossi 1886 OomPaul 124 with a dark amber colored acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat is my drink.
Rossi_Natural_Hungarian.jpg

Smoking my Morgan pipe cigar with the last of my briarworkks Back down south. I was only smoking the dryer and finer cut blends in this like
Robert McConnell special london fin cut,five brothers and some of briar works blends for ages. Until I worked out I could smoke anything I wanted just buy letting it air dry out and giving it 1 or 2 quick pulses in my bullet/blender.
This pipe to me is like the 20th,21st century opra or vest pipe was for smokers in the past.

I take it to friends parties or BBQs and duck away with the other smokers for a quick few puffs put the ash looking cap on while still lite and put in my pocket and go back to party.For Jerry Lee Lewis fans, It didnt break my will, was a thrill, Goodness gracious you know the rest,didnt happen.
A lot of people say man that cigar is the best I have ever smelt what is it? :LOL: I guess it would be like peeing in a dark suit, gives you a warm feeling but no one notices :LOL:

Sub note. To avoid dottle poisoning and possible tounge bite I recommend putting a dozen or so those little absorbent rocks in before filling it, cant remember what they are called because I am out of them but they are worth it in this pipe.

1675742802332.png

1675742838560.png

Last edited:
Sunny and 45 (feels like 80!) hopefully we get an early spring because this has been one of the longest and coldest winters I can remember. Small Van Roy Dublin that I just finished restoring, loaded up with one of my own mixes. Red Virginia, green river cavendish, Smyrna, with 25% latakia and a smattering of dark fired Kentucky. I might have to make up a couple ounces because it came out absolutely wonderful, mild with tons of flavor.

Side note, Ranger what is urban cowboy? I couldn't find out anything about it online and I'm pretty sure you're not just smoking VHS copies of a John Travolta movie lol.
My own blend. 65/70% SWR. 20% Black cav. 10/15% McB Old Dark fired..my imitatation of CSOU Cowboy Coffee. Not exactly the same but just as good. Great with cowboy coffee.

If is saw a page in a glossy pipe magazine (is there any lol) like this I would ripe it out and bluetack it to my wall. Not just because I love the pipe but for the amazing background and time taken I reckon to snap. I have been going back through the last 700 odd pages of this thread in the last few years and the amount of well taken,clear,beautiful eye candy pics of pipes and tobaccos are really awe inspiring. You know who you are guys your efforts don't go unappreciated defiantly not from me, good work. (y)

GH&Co. Scotch Flake in a Peterson Pub.View attachment 7967

Smoking a bowl of the 2014 G.L. Pease Embarcadero given to me by Timbo on the weekend in my Peterson Rusticated XL315. Gonna be my last pipe for a week or so. Have realised I need to work on my smoking technique, as have been slowly boiling my tongue and inside of my mouth without really realising it - until now. Not talking about tongue bite here, but pretty nasty burn. Think about a week or so of resting will do the trick, so going to enjoy this smoke tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_3020.jpg
    IMG_3020.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Smoking a bowl of the 2014 G.L. Pease Embarcadero given to me by Timbo on the weekend in my Peterson Rusticated XL315. Gonna be my last pipe for a week or so. Have realised I need to work on my smoking technique, as have been slowly boiling my tongue and inside of my mouth without really realising it - until now. Not talking about tongue bite here, but pretty nasty burn. Think about a week or so of resting will do the trick, so going to enjoy this smoke tonight.
Pad, are you hydrating while you smoke? Coffee, tea, beer, some of Jim's water and bergs? Found out a long time ago that if I don't drink something while smoking my mouth would get dry and feel like I had swallowed some too hot soup.

Petersons Killarney XL90 plugged full of Condor, and all ready to spark up. Just need to finish my tea and biscuits. Watching the squirrels leaping and chasing each offer through the trees, on what seems a bright but very chilly day.
I hope everyone's day is as good.
So glad you're back with us, better, enjoying life buddy. Will have some Condor in your honor later.

Back from the heart echo scan, it's true I do have a heart 🤗! I loaded a cob with Kensington that I'm enjoying with my daily cup of Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.
Had an EKG yesterday. I have a somewhat irregular heart beat but it's always been there and the cardiologist says it's not a problem. So I do have a heart but just like me it's a bit irregular. No surprise to me, lol.

somewhat irregular heart beat
I had a failing heart that landed me in the hospital 4 years ago. A cardiac catheterization was stopped mid way and the doctor performing it left to call my wife, Lynda. She works in healthcare and asked the doctor to give it to her straight. The doctor said "ok, your husband's heart is a piece of shit!" A quadruple bypass, hallucinations, medications that shouldn't be given together and finally released. Lynda, at my request, brought my favorite Peterson pipe and Dunhill London Mixture plus a cup of good coffee for the ride home.

Plugged some of Zippos Condor in a Pete system B42. 3rd mug of coffee. Was going to put this in a dedicated MM Eaton cob but wanted a longer smoke. Jim said in his review this would ghost a pipe but I haven't noticed it. But I've only smoked it in burley dedicated pipes. Maybe SWR and CH exorcised the ghost, lol.