What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a Pete Deerstalker, Lane RLP-6 and a mug of Community coffee. It`s a sunny day here and the temp is up to 40 degrees,birds and squirrels everywhere,It seems like we are the only place in the neighborhood that puts food out for them...
I have a group of local squirrels that now taps on my window and waits outside the door when they want peanuts. Been feeding them daily for about two or three months, and they're already almost eating out of my hand. I've grown very fond of these little guys. A few weeks ago, I was talking to one of my neighbors, and they told me with great gusto how they had managed to trap some of the squirrels that wandered onto their property. Felt bad to hear that. They're my friends..

I have a group of local squirrels that now taps on my window and waits outside the door when they want peanuts. Been feeding them daily for about two or three months, and they're already almost eating out of my hand. I've grown very fond of these little guys. A few weeks ago, I was talking to one of my neighbors, and they told me with great gusto how they had managed to trap some of the squirrels that wandered onto their property. Felt bad to hear that. They're my friends..
Why is he trapping them? Just don't feed them and they will go away if he doesn't want them.

Why is he trapping them? Just don't feed them and they will go away if he doesn't want them.
Unfortunately they live in the trees right above our houses, so anybody that has fruit trees or vegetable gardens does get raided throughout the season. I grow vegetables in the summer, and have experienced the damage they can do firsthand lol. But with adequate preventative measures, I've found that I can protect my plants and also be friends with the squirrels. Better to live with nature than to wage war against it. Eventually you will always lose!

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Espresso, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I agree. I used to have a rabbit that trusted me so much that he'd actually lay on his back near my feet to cool off his belly in the shade. He used to take carrots out of my hand, too. As of now, I feed two feral cats who have decided my back deck is their home, and both try to sneak in the house. I can't let them in because my cats Suzy, and especially Molly, don't want other cats around. Molly is skittish enough as it is.

A mid-day Nightcap in a Peterson 01.

My wife is incredibly accommodating about me smoking indoors...this is the only blend that's she's commented the room note "is a bit too much."
I have some Nightcap on order - have never tried it before. Looking forward to firing up a bowl.

Trying some of Jim's favoured Edward G. Robinson's blend in my other new pipe, a Savinelli Paloma Rusticated Black 320 KS. I have been smoking Balkans and English mostly last couple of days, so enjoying this for a change. The smell from the tin is lovely. Enjoying the unusual hint of cinamon.

Attachments

• 320KS.jpg
    320KS.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
I have some Nightcap on order - have never tried it before. Looking forward to firing up a bowl.

Enjoy! I agree with my wife that it's a bit full on, but I'm usually more on the Early Morning Pipe end of the scale. Nightcap is a good "change of pace" smoke for me rather than part of the regular rotation.

Enjoy! I agree with my wife that it's a bit full on, but I'm usually more on the Early Morning Pipe end of the scale. Nightcap is a good "change of pace" smoke for me rather than part of the regular rotation.
I really enjoy Early Morning Pipe, and yes particularly in the morning :)