What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good morning fellow BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. Starting with Storm Front in a Pete system B42 with modified Plip. Big mug of coffee of course. 48 but very windy. Was half asleep in front of the TV last night when the wife hollered at me that the motion sensor lights were on. Looked out and 6 or more javelina were eating fallen bird seed on the berm. Went out and popped a couple with the pellet pistol and they all scattered up the hill. Wish we could shoot the bastards in town.

Enjoyed a tasty salad and a big bowl of chili lunch with a couple slices of cinnamon raisin bread for dessert. I'm smoking C&D St. Patrick’s Day Reserve 2023 in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Am working on finalizing my review of this blend.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Peterson 3Ps in a medium bent smooth ebony year 1987 medium bend Peterson 80S Bulldog Silver Spigot with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just posted my C&D St. Patrick's Day Reserve review at TR.
Peterson_80S_EbonySSBulldog.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

My dear friend bought a Saint Patrick's Day Peterson for himself and for me. We are smoking our respective pipes together for the first time. His tobacco is Sutliff Heavy English, and mine is Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. This is a very cool experience to share with one of the best people I know.
View attachment 8566
Very cool pipe. I just received a 2023 St Pat's Day sandblasted 999. I haven't fired her up yet, as I'm taking a break from the pipe for a few weeks.

Attachments

• St Pat's.jpg
    St Pat's.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 8561
Jim,
I'm so glad you asked Sutliffs to save this wonderful masterpiece. I've introduced four pipe smokers to this blend and they absolutely love it. It was my first blend I tried with Latakia. The Artful Codgers video about this blend is what inspired me to try it probably around five years ago. I like it on its own but I do like it the way Shelby Foote made it. Thanks to you I've gotten the components down, I read one of your forums on Pipe Smoker's Magazine web page. Have a great day Sir!

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Sutliff Presbyterian in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

Had nice dinner of sliced ham and veggies left over from St. Paddies Day. Now enjoying PA in a vintage Kaywoodie Relief Grain straight billiard. Donut Shop coffee aside. Should not have had those two bloody Mary's after lunch. Feeling just a bit woozy. Another cup o Joe and I'll be fine again, lol. My last pipe for today. Good evening all.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and pinto beans dinner with a big bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm passing the first third of this bowl of year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a 1990s slight bend black Sasieni 4 Dot Ruff Root Dark 4 Dublin with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching an episode of The Gene Autry Show. Going to work before long.
Sasieni_4Dot_Dublin.jpg