What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone. The predictions were right for once. Woke up to an inch of new snow. Just enough to turn everything white and pretty. Will be gone by noon. Starting my day with CS Choctaw in the Sav Hercules 606EX and Costa Rican coffee. Ranch day today. Wife wants to ride Teddy and my buddy Jim is coming over to ride Cochise. Hasn't been ridden for a month due to my surgery. Have a great day everyone.

About a quarter of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Still in a phase of cutting back from smoking for a few weeks, but decided to treat myself to a bowl of GH Kentucky Nougat. Not usually an aromatic guy, but anything from GH is an exception!

If anyone has some GH tobacco laying around that they don't care for, I'd be happy to trade away all my blends from Peterson, C&D, Sutliff, GL Pease, etc at a favorable value to you. I just can't get enough of this brand.
GH Kentucky Nougat is one of my faves too 😋

Close to finishing this bowl of the upcoming GLP géométrie (Zeitgeist) in a smooth straight brown late 1970s Charatan Special 4148DC Reg. No. 203573 pot with a black double comfort vulcanite stem. Still working on a review of this blend.
Charatan_Special_pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2012 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. The tobacco was kind of dry from the start, but the flavor is still there. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

Had to take one of my dogs to the vet this afternoon because he has a deep croupy cough and then he tries to throw up. He kept on doing that so I thought he had kennel cough. Couldn't get in to see a vet so they sent me home with some antibiotics and cough pills for him. I boarded them at a kennel, so I think he caught it there. Hope he gets better soon, hate to see him suffer. I'm smoking some Arrowhead mixture from Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, Michigan. It's an aromatic English blend that has good reviews but I haven't had much luck in keeping it lit. I have some spread out on a dish trying to let it dry out some; will leave it out overnight. Smoking it in a Captain Black billiard.
Captain-Black-Refurb.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, rainbow trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Had to take one of my dogs to the vet this afternoon because he has a deep croupy cough and then he tries to throw up. He kept on doing that so I thought he had kennel cough. Couldn't get in to see a vet so they sent me home with some antibiotics and cough pills for him. I boarded them at a kennel, so I think he caught it there. Hope he gets better soon, hate to see him suffer. I'm smoking some Arrowhead mixture from Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, Michigan. It's an aromatic English blend that has good reviews but I haven't had much luck in keeping it lit. I have some spread out on a dish trying to let it dry out some; will leave it out overnight. Smoking it in a Captain Black billiard.
Captain-Black-Refurb.jpg
Take good care of him buddy. Kennel cough us a bitch. What breed is he? Photo? If he 's over 20 lbs give him 1/2 of an excedrin.

Probably need to give my sensitive gums a longer break, but couldn't resist firing up a small bowl of GH Kendal Kentucky in a Vauen bent pot.

I don't know how my nicotine tolerance got so high smoking only 2-3 bowls a day. When I first started smoking a pipe ODF almost made me lose my lunch. Now I'll smoke Kendal Kentucky or Brown Twist unfiltered on an empty stomach and find myself desiring a little extra N :unsure:

Haebar, sorry to hear about your dog. It's always hard to see our pets in pain.