What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last smoke of the day (I hope) is Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

I'm at the Chicago Pipe Show right now, and Fred Hana is in Chicago this week, he gave that lecture today, but I was dicking around in the smoking tent and missed it. The Perfect Smoke. Sounds interesting.
His book by that name is supposed to be in Kindle format. I've yet to read it.

Good morning everyone. Starting out with Rivendell in a Calabresi bent brandy with rusticated top half. Big mug of hot black Costa Rican coffee. Up early, waiting for the birdies to show up. Another fun day at the ranch today. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Attachments

• 20230429_065835.jpg
    20230429_065835.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Xe0YJQn.jpg

My brother collects stray half-breed dogs, takes care of them and keeps them in his house in the village as "guards". This is a boy called "Apsοu", his name comes from the sound we make when we sneeze "Aah..Psu" because when he found him abandoned he was injured in one eye and sick.
At first he was very fierce and did not let us approach the house, but after the ''necessary recommendations'' we became friends.

fLhWt62.jpg

I am smoking Mac Baren Mixture Scottish Blend.

Smoking a Pete XL02 with Lane LL-7 and a mug of Community coffee, The rain is getting stronger here and the wind has picked up. I am trying to get myself motivated to go to work and start prepping food for tomorrows fundraiser...

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Went to the flea market but found no pipes, but found a leather binder full of over 80 DVDs with many great titles, for $10! Also got some Earl Grey tea bags and home-made peanut butter cookies (that me and the dogs have already eaten). Then went on a short one-hour hike with a friend of mine at a local arboretum; got in more than my 7500 steps for the day.

Mixed some Five Brothers with some shag-cut Turkish to tone down the N-hit and am smoking it in a MM Country Gentleman with a filter in it. I find that it smooths out the Five Brothers a bit. Five Brothers can be harsh, but I appreciate its unadulterated burley flavor.
MM-Country-Gentleman.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke C #2 beta test in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Writing beta notes as I watch a special on Dave Parker, who was very kind to me when I was a bat boy for his team (Salem Pirates) in 1972. Parker took the time to help me work on my batting swing, and I sure wish I had the bat he gave me back then. He said liked my spirit and how I made him laugh. He always had a smile on his face. Seeing him afflicted with Parkinson's Disease is heart breaking when I remember him from my childhood.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg