What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing this bowl of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

Fed three ferals, and am passing the first third of this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a straight brown sandblasted post-WWII family era Sasieni “Canadian” London Made with a sterling silver band with a tapered black vulcanite twin bore stem.
Sasieni “Canadian”-blast_ss band.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete Baker street with Capt black royal and a Hortons k-cup, back pain woke me up early-Probably did too much yard work yesterday,so I am paying for it today. Birds are singing,coffees perking . cloudy day here .

Good Morning!
And a beautiful morning it is! I had some GLP géométrie and cold coffee left from last night to enjoy while feeding the animals. Now I'm on a fresh cup of coffee and an MM Pride filled with GH Balkan Mixture. Yesterday I spent the day trying to decide if the discomfort caused by cholesterol medication outweighs the risk of not taking them. I'm thinking at this point I'll take Hippocrates path and do no harm.

Good morning gents. Up early for Ranger breakfast at 8. Almost half way through a bowl of Urban Cowboy in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard and a mug of CR coffee. Have to leave in 45 minutes so sucking down both the pipe and coffee pretty fast. May have to DGT the Urban Cowboy for later.

Good Morning!
And a beautiful morning it is! I had some GLP géométrie and cold coffee left from last night to enjoy while feeding the animals. Now I'm on a fresh cup of coffee and an MM Pride filled with GH Balkan Mixture. Yesterday I spent the day trying to decide if the discomfort caused by cholesterol medication outweighs the risk of not taking them. I'm thinking at this point I'll take Hippocrates path and do no harm.
Bali, depends on how high your cholesterol is without the statin. If only slightly elevated, say 200 to 220 you would probably be okay without it. Much higher than that and your risk for heart attack goes up significantly. My Doc said it helps even if the cholesterol level is down, but then I don't have any discomfort taking it. I take Atorvastatin. I would talk to your cardiologist. Good luck pal.

@Ranger107
My cholesterol isn't that high but my LDL is over 100 and having had a quadruple bypass and major leg graft both my primary and cardiologist want my LDL below 70. I restrict my saturated fat to half the RDA and avoid as much baked goods as possible. I'm currently in contact with my cardiologist and will see my primary in August or September. I've been on three statins, simva, ator and rosu all of which caused leg discomfort and sleep loss both of which are at least as detrimental to my health as high cholesterol! Thank you for your concern, the support helps!

Home for lunch and smoking Chatham Manor in a Hendon billiard. This blend, sold by Pipes & Cigars.com, is supposed to be a match for Carter Hall. I don't think it is a good match at all. Carter Hall smokes cool every time, Chatham Manor bites my tongue right out of the tub. Seems to have some kind of aromatic topping or casing that reminds me of some old-school aromatics. I'm leaving the tub open for a few days to see if drying it out will off-gas some of the additives so I can smoke it. Really disappointed with Chatham Manor.

Hendon-Billiard.jpg

@Ranger107
My cholesterol isn't that high but my LDL is over 100 and having had a quadruple bypass and major leg graft both my primary and cardiologist want my LDL below 70. I restrict my saturated fat to half the RDA and avoid as much baked goods as possible. I'm currently in contact with my cardiologist and will see my primary in August or September. I've been on three statins, simva, ator and rosu all of which caused leg discomfort and sleep loss both of which are at least as detrimental to my health as high cholesterol! Thank you for your concern, the support helps!

Sorry to hear you are having leg discomfort and sleep loss. My cholesterol is okay, but I have had trouble keeping my triglycerides in check in the past. Don't know if it relates to your cholesterol numbers, but I didn't have any success in getting my triglycerides down until I tried cutting out sweets and severely cutting back on carbohydrates in my diet. My highest triglyceride figure was over 2000 and by going on this diet it dropped to 186 in four months. Not trying to play doctor, just telling you what worked for me. Hope you find a solution. I was on a statin many years ago that made my thighs ache and I couldn't stand it, so I quit taking them. Now my doctor has me on Pravastatin and it has no side effects for me.

Not far from finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Home for lunch and smoking Chatham Manor in a Hendon billiard. This blend, sold by Pipes & Cigars.com, is supposed to be a match for Carter Hall. I don't think it is a good match at all. Carter Hall smokes cool every time, Chatham Manor bites my tongue right out of the tub. Seems to have some kind of aromatic topping or casing that reminds me of some old-school aromatics. I'm leaving the tub open for a few days to see if drying it out will off-gas some of the additives so I can smoke it. Really disappointed with Chatham Manor.

Hendon-Billiard.jpg
Haebar, consistent with my experience. Reviews say it is a higher quality Carter Hall. I didn't get that at all. Smoked a bit hot with some rough edges. IMHO not nearly as good as Carter Hall.

My highest triglyceride figure was over 2000 and by going on this diet it dropped to 186 in four months.
15 years ago when they bypassed my femoral artery I was diagnosed with metabolic syndrome. I said yes to a statin and no to diabetes and blood pressure meds. I got a glucometer and blood pressure cuff. The glucometer made it clear that I couldn't eat bread and pastry so I gave them up and started meditating and everything came under control. My triglycerides only climb when I drink too much alcohol on a regular basis!