What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished a Sonic the Hedgehog commission (I was a Sonic artist for 21 years), and have a third of a bowl left KBV Mr. Christian’s Kraken Plug in a post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. If you’re interested in getting one, please contact Smoking Pipes and ask them to put this model back into production.
View attachment 10398
One of my sons is a huge Sonic fan. I shall brag about my connection (however flimsy) to such a celebrity ;-)

Good morning,
Smoking a Winslow Lovat with Casey Jones hero`s blend with a Martinson k-cup. It was a good night at work-The whole staff worked very hard to make the party a happy one,only to be rewarded with a tip of 20 dollars each! I really felt bad for the waitresses.They had a very demanding host who could not be satisfied,5 hours of work and a cheap tip...

Good morning,
Smoking a Winslow Lovat with Casey Jones hero`s blend with a Martinson k-cup. It was a good night at work-The whole staff worked very hard to make the party a happy one,only to be rewarded with a tip of 20 dollars each! I really felt bad for the waitresses.They had a very demanding host who could not be satisfied,5 hours of work and a cheap tip...
You really have to wonder about some people. Definitely a lack of appreciation for hard work.

Up a bit early. Sun just popped over the horizon. Having Urban Cowboy in the Pete Pub with morning coffee. Have to be at HwH by 8:30. Playing tour guide for a group of kids whose parents are incarcerated. Not really sure what to expect. I am more of a horse person than a people person but the Director thinks I will do a good job, lol.

GLP Temple Bar cut on a homemade local sugar maple cutting board with what I think Zippo called my "spiffy" razor knife. Having this delectable blend in a S&R Pipes bent acorn.
20230616_084237.jpg

Up a bit early. Sun just popped over the horizon. Having Urban Cowboy in the Pete Pub with morning coffee. Have to be at HwH by 8:30. Playing tour guide for a group of kids whose parents are incarcerated. Not really sure what to expect. I am more of a horse person than a people person but the Director thinks I will do a good job, lol.
You'll do great!

You'll do great!
Thanks Swede. I am empathetic but I am also a bit of a strict disciplinarian when it comes to obeying the rules and being responsible, especially around the horses. A 1200 lb horse stepping on a kids foot will break bones. Most of our horses are very gentle. They won't kick or bite but they are horses and kids tend to be less careful around them and we have to watch them pretty closely.

GLP Temple Bar cut on a homemade local sugar maple cutting board with what I think Zippo called my "spiffy" razor knife. Having this delectable blend in a S&R Pipes bent acorn.
View attachment 10409
Trust me Swede, Spiffy is a compliment, that don't do that knife justice 😊

Doing what all English men do when the weather is as hot as this, headed to the pub. Taken a small pouch of Hobbit Weed, and a couple of Standard Petersons with me. And Mrs Z will be joining me later, when no doubt she will inform me, at sometime in the evening..
"Babe I'm starving". So pub dinner it will be. Have a great day everybody 😊

Smoking a Pete Lestrade with Sutliff blue note and a bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. I had a very nice conversation with my bosses wife earlier,She explained to me that 2 of the 3 waitresses from last nights party want to quit! I told her that her husband screams at and belittles the staff daily. I also suggested to her that there should be a 20% gratuity at these parties because more often then not the staff gets under tipped or not at all. Surprisingly,she thought the tip idea was great.

Pre dinner smoke of CS Sweet Burley in a Bari Senior 1/4 bent dublin orange spice tea. The facilities tour with the kids went well until another volunteer, a lady, decided for whatever reason to join me. She kept butting in while I was talking and I finally had to ask her to hold her comments until I was done. Think I pissed her off but I really dont care. Like I said earlier I'm a horse person not a people person, lol.