What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About half way through this bowl of year 2016 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Larry's El Salvador Dali, neat, is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Due to some recent ennui, I decided to try a run of most of the gamut of the Sutliff, C&D, and Lane bulk Aromatics. Just tried over 20 of them in succession in an AKB panel horn meer, and the reason I was able to do this, is that I wasnt able to keep any blend in the bowl longer than 5 minutes.

I already knew most aromatics weren't for me, but after throwing $100 at the issue, now I truly KNOW.. they aren't for me. In a way it was almost worth it. The mind works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:
Now smoking Ennerdale Flake in a Vauen quarter bent billiard. First time trying, and I can say unequivocally that I'm in love with this stuff. My only regret is not trying Lakelands sooner.

And for some reason, the Virginias from GH&Co don't bother my sensitive palate nearly as much as Virginias from most other sources. Very glad I took a chance on this tobacco.

Last edited:
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

About a quarter of a bowl left of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Passing the half way mark on this bowl of Sutliff Presbyterian Ordained in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
James Upshall_Unbranded.jpg

61° and windy today. Enjoyed a bit of GH&Co. Scotch Flake in a MM Diplomat Apple. Then I was informed of some family drama I’d be going home to, so I loaded up the MM Southport Ferryman with GH&Co. Dark Plug for some extra equanimity and contemplation. Being a dad of three grown daughters is an adventure! 😂.
B7713F85-D13C-4F3F-B702-ECB14C1568F8.jpeg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2014 Full Virginia Flake in a slight bend 1968 group 4S Dunhill Shell 475 cherrywood with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1968Cherrywood_Shell_475_4S.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2021 Watch City Glass Slipper Micro-Batch in a post-2000 straight brown sandblasted Tom Eltang cherrywood with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Tom_Eltang_Cherrywood.jpg