What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Afternoon my friends. Plugging a bowl of Condor in a Savinelli Long John on this beautiful day here in Ye olde England. Its a Bank Holiday today, so going to meet up with friends who have the day off work, and head out to the pub. I think I'll take a leather pouch of zippo blended Hobbit Weed, and a couple of Petersons to see me through the rest of the day. Enjoy yours my friends.
I love Condor! I wish they sold it here in the US. I bought a bunch of pouches of it from a fellow in Canada (Pipes2Smoke.com) a few years ago but he is no longer selling tobacco or at least to the US. It is one of the few aromatics that I like. Do you know of a vendor there that ships tobacco to the US?

Just got back from work and PT and am smoking some Sillem's Blue in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke rusticated billiard.

Just finished smoking C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

I love Condor! I wish they sold it here in the US. I bought a bunch of pouches of it from a fellow in Canada (Pipes2Smoke.com) a few years ago but he is no longer selling tobacco or at least to the US. It is one of the few aromatics that I like. Do you know of a vendor there that ships tobacco to the US?

Just got back from work and PT and am smoking some Sillem's Blue in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke rusticated billiard.
Mr Snuff in N Ireland sometimes has Condor and Condor Longcut (currently sold out) as well as the Condor Blended (somewhat lighter casing -- mostly an odd sort of Tonquin taste to me); James J Fox in Dublin has Condor Plug and Ready-rubbed, both in 25 g size.

Dan Virginia Slices and Triple Play today, both in Country Gentlemen

Enjoyed a nice late afternoon/early evening "adult" beverage with a luxurious bowl of Larus & Bros. Edgeworth Sliced (down to about my last 4 ozs. of this absolute delight!!!) in a Charles Towne Cobbler. Followed up with 2015 Gatlin-Burley in a tall cob modified with a two-knuckle bamboo shaft and acrylic bit. Thsi pipe was originally owned by our late Brother, FishNBanjo. FTRPLT

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Reds game, and cleaning a few pipes. Long time Mad magazine artist and my friend, Al Jaffee, passed away today at the age of 102. Among a lot of other things, he created, wrote and drew every back cover fold in from 1964 until his retirement at age 99. He was loved by all who knew him. RIP, old buddy.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark on this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Reds game, and cleaning a few pipes. Long time Mad magazine artist and my friend, Al Jaffee, passed away today at the age of 102. Among a lot of other things, he created, wrote and drew every back cover fold in from 1964 until his retirement at age 99. He was loved by all who knew him. RIP, old buddy.
View attachment 8923

I was a long time subscriber to Mad, I loved Al Jaffee's Willie Weirdie, not to mention Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions. I used to buy the trade paperbacks by the handful at our local bookstore in Portland. What me worry.

I'm smoking Ashton Winding Road in a new burnt pink stem Arasta meerschaum.

Attachments

• 16811785818862293000384429500717.jpg
    16811785818862293000384429500717.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Now smoking year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Starting a new Archie story that's due before the one I was working on, so for the second time, I've had to put that one aside.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Mr Snuff in N Ireland sometimes has Condor and Condor Longcut (currently sold out) as well as the Condor Blended (somewhat lighter casing -- mostly an odd sort of Tonquin taste to me); James J Fox in Dublin has Condor Plug and Ready-rubbed, both in 25 g size.

Dan Virginia Slices and Triple Play today, both in Country Gentlemen
Thanks for the tips @DrT999 !

Waking up with a bowl of Granger in a Dr. Grabow Grand Duke rusticated billiard.

Good Morning!
We're having a gray start to what is supposed to be a beautiful day! I'm starting off with GLP Abingdon in an Apple Diplomat along with coffee. After a fun Easter with friends, my wife has been inspired to host a Kentucky Derby get together, she already ordered her frilly hat and a theme tshirt for me!

I don't know of any UK tobacconists that still sell to the USA. I think its something to do with our taxation, which is extortionate. And Americans won't pay the prices we pay. On top of that, we have a heavy duty on exportation of tobacco