What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs.
Just filled a bowl of Rangers gifted Hobbit Weed in a Parker "Jockey club" Bulldog 73. Another beautiful marriage of both briar and leaf.
Mrs Zs Birthday today, so we're out tonight for a meal and drinks. Will have to refill a leather pouch and pack some pipes to keep me going 😆

I don't know of any UK tobacconists that still sell to the USA. I think its something to do with our taxation, which is extortionate. And Americans won't pay the prices we pay. On top of that, we have a heavy duty on exportation of tobacco
For whatever reason (I've seen several, but they don't make sense to me at least), the UK (other than N Ireland) allegedly won't honor US credit cards for tobacco sales. The N. Irish and Irish store prices are about as high as the 'mainland' UK; I'd likely still pay it (occasionally at least) to buy some Grasmere and a few others.

For whatever reason (I've seen several, but they don't make sense to me at least), the UK (other than N Ireland) allegedly won't honor US credit cards for tobacco sales. The N. Irish and Irish store prices are about as high as the 'mainland' UK; I'd likely still pay it (occasionally at least) to buy some Grasmere and a few others.
I never knew that, about the cards. How bizarre 🤔

A third of a bowl left of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Jamaican Reserve, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of Mike Hammer.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

I don't know of any UK tobacconists that still sell to the USA. I think its something to do with our taxation, which is extortionate. And Americans won't pay the prices we pay. On top of that, we have a heavy duty on exportation of tobacco
Yes, you are right, the prices are very high compared to what we Americans pay for pipe tobacco. I looked up the price for Condor on Mr. Snuff from a tip from @DrT999 and the price of a 25 g pouch is $35.99 - too much for me. We'd pay about $5 to $7 for 25g here if it were priced like an Amphora pouch. Brother, I had no idea you had to pay those prices for pipe tobacco!

Currently smoking some KBV Burley Morning Pipe, thanks to @Swede , in a big Dr. Grabow rusticated pot.

Smoking a Pete XL02 with CAO Eileens dream and another mug of Community coffee.
I have basically stopped smoking aromatics since I worked out they were giving me problems with my mouth - worse than tongue bite, something more like a bad irritation.

Anyway, I hesitantly tried some Eileens Dream recently because it is on Muttonchop Piper's Blend Club for 2023. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't give me the same reaction and was similar in taste to the Irish whiskey aromatic I had been smoking but nowhere near as sticky and much more subtle. No idea what is different about this compared to several other aromatics that were giving me grief.

I have discovered that I like English and heavy Latakia blends more now. but I'm keeping some of this Eileens Dream on hand for when I might feel like something sweet.

Enjoy :)