What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Bold Kentucky. Only recently started smoking it after Timbo gave me some.

Cool pipe. I’ve never smoked clay pipe
They're ten bucks on pipes and cigars. I used to have a big Dutch one but it broke on my way to pipe club. I would clench it, the thing gave me six cavities because of the abrasive quality of the clay. Nothing the dentist couldn't fix though.

Relaxing after a wonderful steel head trout and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a little over a quarter of a bowl left of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

I got a push mount mouthpiece for cobs a few years back that didn't really fit. I took out the drill with an 11/32 bit and deepened the mortise on my Charles Towne, Honey Pot and a Rob Roy. The Honey Pot was first, it was the best smoke I've gotten from that pipe. I finished the Broken Scotch Cake in the Charles Towne that I couldn't stomach last night, then filled the Rob Roy with GH DVC and so far it's a success!
What's that old saying? Desperation is the mother of invention, lol.

Dropped my wife off at the airport this morning, she'll be back home for the next few weeks visiting family. Opened up a tin of GL Pease Embarcadero for the first time this afternoon. Normally it takes me a few bowls of a new blend to really warm up to it, but I liked this one right off the bat.

Smoking a spill tray blend of many blends leftover from the afternoon and evening - Bengal Slices, Presbyterian, and even a bit of Sutliff Vanilla Cream aromatic that I got free at Muletown. Smoking it in a Cayuga Rhodesian and it's not bad. I can't stand to throw away tobacco. Drinking Red Rose iced tea.
Cayuga-Rhodesian.jpg

Finished work, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Good Morning!
It's a chilly feeling 43° this morning, maybe I should have worn something heavier than a sweatshirt to do chores! That done, I loaded an Apple Diplomat with Charring Cross to go along with hot black coffee. I've got a lot of small projects to get done but I'm going to enjoy my pipe and coffee first!

Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs
My first smoke of the day, is my own blended Gandalf's Staff in a Savinelli Rock Grain. I'm not quite sure what the shape of this pipe is, I'm hoping somebody can tell me. But it is one that belonged to my dad, that I inherited. And smokes beautifully. I hope you all are having a good day.

Attachments

• 20230419_130700.jpg
    20230419_130700.jpg
    1,019.1 KB · Views: 0
Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs
My first smoke of the day, is my own blended Gandalf's Staff in a Savinelli Rock Grain. I'm not quite sure what the shape of this pipe is, I'm hoping somebody can tell me. But it is one that belonged to my dad, that I inherited. And smokes beautifully. I hope you all are having a good day.
Looks like a freehand stacked dublin or lovat to me????