What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Enjoyed a zoom meeting regarding The Bill Finger Award for comic books. I am a charter member of this important committee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Finger_Award_for_Excellence_in_Comic_Book_Writing
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Now I'm smoking Luxury Bullseye Flake in a Mastro Geppetto Rusticato.View attachment 9173
I noticed you have a few Mastro Geppettos, how do you think they stack up to Ser Jacopos (if you've tried any)? I've been tempted to pick one up a few times but never did.

Their claim to fame is that they're made in the Ser Jacopo workshop, but the skeptic in me wonders why they're so cheap if they're nearly(?) as good.

Last edited:
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Come on guys. Thought we were going to continue the meer thread so I loaded up my huge I. Baglin carved bent apple meer with Arango Balkan Supreme. Earl Gray tea aside. This will last me over an hour. Excellent smoke, 9.5 on the Zenometer. Tomorrow it's back to briars and cobs. Lol. My last smoke of the day. Good day all.

Attachments

• 20230424_183507.jpg
    20230424_183507.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
About a quarter of a bowl left of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Was that bulldog meerschaum pricey?
I got it at the last pipeshow I went to in 2009 in Vegas, I ended up getting it from a guy who worked at my local cigar store in Portland who was at the show. If anybody's heard of Stephen Books, he was a master tobacconist, he died about five years ago. I think I paid $140. Worth every penny as they say.
16823904825701483269483476848201.jpg

I noticed you have a few Mastro Geppettos, how do you think they stack up to Ser Jacopos (if you've tried any)? I've been tempted to pick one up a few times but never did.

Their claim to fame is that they're made in the Ser Jacopo workshop, but the skeptic in me wonders why they're so cheap if they're nearly(?) as good.
I got them 25% discounted, they have a sale at my local store every January, I think I cleaned out their Geppetto inventory. They were the only pipes that really appealed to me in the whole store. I have my eye out for Jacopo pipes too. These weren't cheap at all, over two bills per. But they're good looking pipes.
16823908556053496022983615717888.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am half way through this bowl of Dan Tobacco The Mallard Flake Plus Perique in a straight smooth brown 2017 unbranded Upshall Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. My suspicion that there's been a very stealthy new-to-me black with a white strip on the nose feral the last couple of months was confirmed a few minutes ago when I went out to feed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. It ran away as always. I left some food for it by the side of the house, and hope it'll come back and eat.
James Upshall_Unbranded.jpg

I got them 25% discounted, they have a sale at my local store every January, I think I cleaned out their Geppetto inventory. They were the only pipes that really appealed to me in the whole store. I have my eye out for Jacopo pipes too. These weren't cheap at all, over two bills per. But they're good looking pipes.
Agreed, those are two nice looking Geppettos. Haven't seen many go for over $200, but yours look nicer than a lot that I've seen from them.

They're a good bit cheaper from EU distributors, but your 25% off probably mitigated the difference.

Agreed, those are two nice looking Geppettos. Haven't seen many go for over $200, but yours look nicer than a lot that I've seen from them.

They're a good bit cheaper from EU distributors, but your 25% off probably mitigated the difference.
Your right they don't tend to be that expensive. My store tends to jack everything up in price. I thought this series of Jacopo pipes were really cool, the Insanus pipes:
Ser-_Jacopo-_Insanus-7-_Stand-up-_Tabaccheria-_Toto13-5.jpg

Most of them make me nervous that you couldn't get a pipe cleaner through, maybe you can figure it out.