What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young chickens are very resilient and are good at dealing with disabilities from injuries. I thought you were raising layers, was surprised to read "little guy!"
Compared to our peacocks all the chickens are little guys lol. Here's a picture of him a few hours after I let him down. He's already standing on the hurt left leg.
20230622_184506.jpg

"Double Comfort Stem” Made by the famous English pipe company Charatan. Their pipes are always great smokers, and fitted with a “double comfort stem” they make for great clenchers, yet they are no longer in business,
I love Charatan pipes, and it was a shame that they went out of business. Great smokers and clenchers even though their stems were not made with the best vulcanite. Thanks for answering the stem question for me. I am occasionally a bit slow with responses.

Now smoking H&H WhiteKnight 10th Anniversary (Marquee Series) in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

I love Charatan pipes, and it was a shame that they went out of business. Great smokers and clenchers even though their stems were not made with the best vulcanite. Thanks for answering the stem question for me. I am occasionally a bit slow with responses.
Slow? No Jim, Knowledgeable always

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead in a well appreciated medium bend, smooth brown 1950s Peterson 999 Dublin chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian-Dublin.jpg

Currently, I am passing the first third of this bowl of KBV B. Frog’s Peaty Hunt in a straight dark brownish sculpted 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. Working on a review of this blend as I wait for the Braves-Reds game to start.
Peterson_Meer_Poker.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

I finished a Rob Roy filled with GH Balkan Mixture while doing yard work and had some @Zippo style "rabbit food" along with a piece of Coho salmon, no chips unless you count the crispy skin. Now we're waiting for sunset so we can close up the birds for the night and I'm enjoying Drucquer Casbah in a Rob Roy and a glass of Lambrusco.

He'll probably recover fine!
Thanks Bali, the same thing happened to one of our peacocks who got his leg wrapped around something plastic, it's sad, they struggle like hell and it makes it worse. He's the pater familias of our peacock stock and he's hobbling around with only one foot to this day. If it's not predators getting in, or somebody leaving the door open, it's our animals dangling by their feet! I say people even die at Disneyland from time to time, but this isn't good. I removed the roost he was using. On a brighter side, like you say they are getting bigger every day!

I'm smoking Erinmore Flake in a Peterson Limerick.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught catfish and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth brown post-1964 Parker Super Bruyere 88/F group 3 bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Cleaning a few pipes.
1964on_Parker_SB_88_group 3 bulldog.jpg

Nearing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Off to work now.
Dunhill_1982Dublin_RootBriar_31051.jpg

We occasionally get a Muntjac deer strolling through our gardens, they come in from the surrounding woodlands to munch on Mrs Z's veggie plots. But I'd sooner that, than all the wildlife that seem to invade you guys over there.
Hey, we have deer as well. Also pronghorn antelope, elk in the northern tier, mountain lions, javelina, coyote, snakes, lizards, rabbits, pack rats the size of small cats, and birds of all feathers, eagles, herons, cormorants, ducks, hawks, falcons, pheasant, and a slew of common household birds. Yep we have a lot of wildlife.