What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoking a Custombilt Lumberman? BB alamo and a Mc Cafe k-cup I was outside when the guys came by to pick up the leaves, I asked the driver what day and how often they pick up yard waste. Instead of answering my question,He informed me that I have too many bags of leaves and that that are too heavy! I told him that I am 3 times his age and I carried them to the curb,they took 4 bags out of the dozen that where out there ... I got the number of the truck and I am calling the town later! I got a lot more leaves for him for next time and I plan on lining the street with as many bags as I can! Now I know why my neighbors are burning their leaves and risking the fine.
This kind of slip-shod mentality is maddening. Watch out for a removal surcharge, sounds like what they'll try next.

Last edited:
noticed that some of the neighbors are burning they`re leaves-which is Illegal here in NY state..
I run a mulching mower over the fallen leaves to put the nutrients back into the soil. I also mulch up a large trash barrel worth for mulching the vegetable beds and add to the worm farms for fiber.

GLP Temple Bar in a Savinelli Trevi 320EX with a thermos of hot Typhoo Golden black tea with honey. I'll be out here a while to scope out a barn site. The pipe helps me think-no surprise. That bent tree in the distance may be an Indian tree. They reportedly used those to mark the way to important things. There is a good spring branch below there that comes out of a cave up the holler.
20231120_113034.jpg

Half way through this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Another very busy day.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production. Taking a short work break.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

I thought Sleepy Suzy was by my feet, but when I looked down, I saw it was actually Daisy the Feral Princess having a snooze. That girl can sneak into the house before we know it.
Daisy_Belly_Snooze.jpg

Having a bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. The pipe was a birthday present last November from my benefactor. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

The heater in the bird house is working! Appetizer smoke is GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy and the last of the pot of Columbian coffee.
??? Your missus makes you smoke in the birdhouse? Get a dog, then you'll at least be able to stretch you legs. ;)

Last edited: