What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little snacking, and am half way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

It's been four days since I've seen Tomato the Brave. He's been elsewhere before, but this is the longest length of time he's been away. I hope he's okay. As big as Tomato has become, I suspect he's eating elsewhere which is fine with me as long as he's happy. Daisy the Feral Princess mostly sticks around here, and the others come and go.

Sam the Scamp was rather funny today. He stood at the corner of my driveway during the second half of my first set of today's walking reps, and complained loudly that I was going back up the street, and not paying attention to him. When I came back that way on the next and last lap, he ran after me with constant meows. I picked him up, and carried the loudly purring little boy the length of five houses and brought him inside to eat. After that, Sam jumped on my lap, curled up, and took nap. He growled when I picked him up and put him outside, but Molly Danger came into the den, and there would be a scene had I kept Sam inside. At least he left with a full belly. I must say that cat growls more than any cat I've ever known.
Sam_Lies_Kitchen.jpg

Gave up trying to sleep, so I'm smoking a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Good morning laddies. A little late to the forum this morning. Slept in till almost 8. Then took Charlie out for morning pee and poop. Then made cowboy coffee. Now settled in with Cattle Drive in the big Don Carlos 1/2 bent dublin. Alternating between texting and playing fetch with Charlie, lol. Busy day today. Heading to the ranch to ride for a while. Back home to do a couple of chores. Around 4 we head out with my riding buddy for fish and chips at our fav country diner. Great place, all you can eat fish for $14. And it's really good fish. Must have worn Charlie out since he just jumped in my lap to rest, lol. Took this pic on Xmas eve. Sort of belies the notion that Santa only uses reindeer to pull his sleigh, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231229_085253_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231229_085253_Gallery.jpg
    811.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231229_085245_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231229_085245_Gallery.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 0
A third of a bowl left of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

The blueberry scone I just ate put me in a mood for something sweet, so having Tumbleweed blend made from Zippos recipe in the Don Carlos bent brandy with my 3rd mug of cowboy coffee. 🤠 Wish I had more of these Don Carlos pipes. They are big bowls and smoke great. I like that they are really light for their size.

Just finished smoking year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

Good Day!
Slept in until 9 this morning and found out we needed to do a grocery store trip first thing so I took my DGT DVC from last night. I finally have some down time and I'm enjoying GLP Kensington in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with yesterday's coffee. I found Melita JavaJig at the grocery store, it's a paper filtered k-cup coffee basket with replacement paper filters and makes a better cup of coffee than the metal mesh pods. The other advantage is it's easy to save the grounds for the compost worms!

It's been four days since I've seen Tomato the Brave. He's been elsewhere before, but this is the longest length of time he's been away. I hope he's okay. As big as Tomato has become, I suspect he's eating elsewhere which is fine with me as long as he's happy.
We had a skinny gray unfixed cat show up a few years back. Based on his lack of nourishment I started feeding him and he learned what time to show up for noon and usually evening chores. My outdoor, at the time, female cat would join us and finish whatever he didn't eat. Based on his swagger and the junk in his trunk I named him Dude. It seems he made his rounds between his home, my flocks and another neighbor a quarter mile away, I think he ended up an indoor cat a quarter mile away.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and pecans along with a Snap Dragon apple on the side for lunch. I'm closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.

Still haven't seen Tomato the Brave. He occasionally spends a little time next door, but they haven't seen him either.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_BBilliard_spigot.jpg

Just woke up from an afternoon nap. A year’s end extended PTO, and the eighth day of restfulness to get right back into the crap for 2024. December 2027 cannot come fast enough. Restocked the active rotational jar of Hal O’ The Wynd and am trying one of those weirdo organic teas that my oldest daughter got us for Xmas. Something involving chamomile, vanilla, and manuka honey, whatever the heck that is. It’s not bad, but at the same time, it’s not good. But hey the cob of HOTW seems very tasty.
thumbnail_IMG_1952.jpg