What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoBs and Happy New Year to all. Starting the year with Cattle Drive in my other Lorenzo Old Vic giant, a blasted bent billiard. Had a good time at the Legion last night. They actually coaxed me into singing 2 songs, Big Iron by Marty Robbins, which I used to sing when doing recruiting tent duty with the Rangers and I could still play guitar, and If Tomorrow Never Comes by Garth Brooks which I dedicated to my lovely and wonderful wife. So went to bed early and didn't even watch the ball drop, lol. Hope everyone has a peaceful and enjoyable day.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Fisrt pipe of 2024, my SMS Tomato meer. Cleaned it thoroughly and rewaxed it, for the colouring program debut. It'll be a few days before the colour comes up again.

Just a reminder of what it looked like. My figure meer needs to sit a week before I clean and wax it. The little meer should be ready by then.
SMS Tomato.jpg

Smoking a Custom-bilt original Oom-Paul with a mixture of MB Symphony/Lane LL-7.It`s a pretty good blend,The LL-7 sweetens up the symphony a bit. This old pipe is a great smoker,too. Tim Horton`s k-cup to pair it with. .

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Rum and Maple in a straight smooth with a tobacco leaf carving on the bottom left, dark brown 1980s Sir Brent pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Had a long conversation with one of my favorite people.
Sir_Brent_Pot.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am almost half way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Another forum is really souring my opinion of forums, so much so that I feel like breaking from all four that I frequent. Might be time for me to go on sabattical. For the record, I have never experienced any denigrating, arrogant, or elitist behaviour on this site.
Please don't let a few idiots ruin your experience. I've had to deal with that several times, and felt like you did, but I decided not to let their problems be mine so I ignore them. Don't let unhappy people make you unhappy, brother.

Now smoking year 2001 Murray's Dunhill Navy Rolls in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano billiard with a tapered black acrylic stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long, long time. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Cavicchi_billiard.jpg

Might be time for me to go on sabattical.
I did that in the past but found that I missed the comradery of a respectful group of pipe smokers. I found that it was one self centered member on a different forum that was inciting some members to extremes. I decided to enjoy the forums and only post when it's pleasant to do so!

Smoking a Savinelli 626 alligator with Stanwell vanilla ,mug of CR coffee. Although,this is a nice pipe,it wouldn`t have been my 1 st choice,not a big fan of Savinelli`s alligator themed pipes.It was a gift from my wife,it smokes well,just not wild about the look of it.
Like the old saying goes-don`t look a gift horse in the mouth....
Has anyone heard from Zippo?

HRPufnstuf I only belong to this site, I am happy here,these guys are great!​

Another forum is really souring my opinion of forums, so much so that I feel like breaking from all four that I frequent. Might be time for me to go on sabattical. For the record, I have never experienced any denigrating, arrogant, or elitist behaviour on this site.
The obvious lesson here is to leave all the other forums! Please stay :)

Last edited:
Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sam the Scamp snuck in the house when m'lady came home, and is laying next to me. Molly Danger was not amused and went to the back of the house.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

In other news, I'm in the bunker under the front porch, hiding from the cold. Smoking some "Not No Local" from Gatlin Burliers.

We draw names at Christmas, since there are so many of us, and my younger daughter drew me. I sent her a list that had a two-pipe leather bag as the first choice, and I also put in two tobaccos since the bag was nowhere near our $100 limit (in case she was feeling generous.) She and her husband went on a trip to Tennessee, and they stopped in the aforementioned tobacconist in whatever mall they were shopping in. She showed them the names of the tobaccos (Presbyterian Mixture and Early Morning Pipe), which they didn't carry. But instead of saying, "sorry, you'll have to find those online," they sold her two of their house blends that they figured I'd like instead. When I first heard the story (weeks before we opened presents) I was tempted to be disgruntled, but I figured I'd wait; plenty of time to "dis" my "gruntles" later.

The two they sold her were "Smokies Smoke Eaze," which is a Balkan - never had that type before, and I must say it is very nice. Tried that first time yesterday, in the 673KS. It was way too cold on the porch, so I aborted early, but I was happy. Jury is still out a tiny bit, but I anticipate having to order a larger quantity when this is out.

Still puffing on "Not No Local" from my Bing as I type this. I haven't been hot on aromatics lately, but I do like this. I may not repurchase, but I will definitely smoke all I have.
And now I can't even complain! Where's the fun in that? lol

Anyway, I will have to pick up some Presbyterian soon, but my latest order to P&C (placed this morning) contains a splurge - a "Senior" pipe reaming tool, and a couple of pouches of my faithful daily, John Bull.

Trying to expand my horizons and add to the 6 or 8 tobaccos I tend to smoke constantly. So tonight it's 2012 Esoterica Margate in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Wanted to try a different pipe but this pipe smokes so good with English blends decided to stay with it. Good evening my friends.

I'm helping my wife take down all the Christmas decorations, including 7 trees and all the other sh... stuff
she displays. I can't wait to fill up the attic again! Smoking a Samirva Select dublin with Carter Hall while
putting all this away!
Wow, I thought mine had a lot. I only hauled an F150 bed load to the basement today.