What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closing in on the half way mark of this bowl of SWRA in a straight black sandblast undated Savinelli Hercules 115EX pot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Savinelli_Hercules.jpg

Good Morning!
My wife did chores this morning and thought that one of the roosters was getting aggressive. I went out with her to see if we have a problem roo but they all seemed docile. The question now becomes is there a rooster trying to recruit my wife as one of his hens! I just made a Thermos of Columbian coffee and I'm enjoying a cup with GLP Westminster in an MM Diplomat.

I've been very lapse in my posts gentlemen, and I offer my apologises. But I have been waylaid by Nurse Ratchet (yesterday), and her physiotherapist colleague Mr Bendy (today) both of whom wiped me out.
But now feeling up to a smoke of Cattle Drive in a Rattrays Dark Reign before dinner. As always, have a great day my friends.
20230822_105208.jpg

Good morning BoBs, at least for another 45 minutes, lol. Finally getting around to a pipe. Needed a comfort smoke so joining Zippo with Cattle Drive in a Pete Pub and what's left of my morning coffee. Had to feed dogs, walk the dogs, answer 15 texts about how Carole is getting along, do dishes, make up the bed,etc. She called this am, said she was hungry because the hospital food sucks and she couldn't eat it. Taking her a care package of apples, cheese, and cookies for lunch. She said Dr. wants her to go to an acute rehab facility for 2 weeks where she would have PT twice a day. I miss her like crazy but want what's best for her. Dr says it will get her back to walking sooner. It's funny, I was single for many years and thought I got along just fine. After 8 years together I realized this morning I don't even know how to turn on the damn dishwasher, lol. Later my friends.

Smoking a Pete 304 heritage,Capt black original blend,New England k-cup.
Ranger, I just went through this with my wife being in the hospital for a few days last week.It sure is a lot more work and you learn a few things in the process! Speaking for myself, I took a lot of things she does for granted. Hopefully, the Dr. is right-she rehabs quickly and completely.

Nearing the last quarter of this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe is a great smoker, and as I haven't much left of this blend, I don't know what I'll smoke in this pipe. Guess I should have stocked this blend as it ages well. Ice water and bergs is my drink. No more walks today due to heavy rain.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

Near the last quarter of this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Today's appetizer/dessert pipe is GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy. I've cleaned over a dozen pipes today along with harvesting worm compost and starting a fresh feed tray. I got back my lab results and the numbers don't support the idea that my joint pain is gout but my cholesterol is way too high on a vegetarian diet so it's back to a statin and a daily helping of meat!

hospital food sucks and she couldn't eat it
No truer statement can be made! The last time I was in the hospital I ordered a piece of salmon, it was so overcooked that my family traits reared their head and I almost threw it at the wall. The only thing that stopped me was an image of it going through the wall and harming an innocent patient! The rehab sounds like the best path, my wife is a rehab nurse and she agrees.

About a third of a bowl left of Wilke Wall Street in my old reliable straight grain brown medium bend 1986 smooth Peterson Kildare 999 Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Been enjoying quiet reading time.
Peterson_999_Kildare_Rhodesian.jpg

Now smoking year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight black sandblasted 1924 Parker’s Super Briar Bark 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was made in the second year of Parker production.
1924_Parker_Billiard_11.jpg