What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was -6° out and 56° in the house when I woke up. Yechh.

House is 138 years old, so it has some undesirable 'featurez'. Fortunately, bedrooms are all relatively warm with their doors closed, it's the kitchen, dining, and living rooms that suffer. I broke out a couple of electric space heaters, and cracked 60° about an hour later. Feels warm, lol.

No pipes to report yet today. I had one last night, some Gatlin Burlier Smokie's Smoke-Ease in the bunker under the porch. Last I looked at the thermometer outside it was -2°, so I don't know when/if I will even have a pipe today.

Back to a semi normal routine. Got up, made coffee, took Charlie out, fed Charlie, loaded up the Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with CS Rivendell. Settled in on the patio with pipe and coffee. A fairly pleasant 38 this morning. Played fetch with Charlie for 20 minutes or so. Now he's laying in my lap watching the birdies. Have to call the wife and see if they are making any progress in finding a rehab facility for her. Have a great Sunday guys. 👍

Good Morning!
The male rabbit broke out of his cage last night, I put it back together and filled his food and water. With a little luck I might find him in there when I go out for noon chores. Starting the day with GLP Westminster in a Rob Roy along with a k-cup of Sumatra coffee.

17052485119556420011439664969539.jpg

@Ranger107
Hardy worth their time!

That is a beautiful Rossi! I like the new series that came out. It's the light brown rusticated. I'm going to pick up either a Canadian or a 601.
Thanks, I like it a lot. I have my eye on a Rossi Canadian, Rubino Antico, when my PAD restriction gets lifted.

Managing to sneak in another bowl. Zippos gifted Condor in a vintage Kaywoodie Relief Grain straight billiard with another mug of coffee. Our neighbor, Carole's best friend, offered to walk Charlie, bless her heart. She has been a great help for me. Will definitely owe her a couple of dinners. Soon as I finish this bowl I will walk Molly and Augie and then off to the hospital to visit the wife.

Trying to free up some mason jars, I had a happy ending! I had a few ounces of capt black gold and lane LL-7. I like both tobacco`s so I put them in 1 jar. IMHO it seems like the CB gold Cavendish mellowed out the LL-7 . Smoking this combo in a Savinelli 616 ks with a mug of Peet`s dark roast.

Ovaltine Breakfast Blend with my Legend filled with Casanova. -27C (-17F) this morning with a 40 kph (25 mph) wind. Welcome to friendly Manitoba!
We have to be friendly, we're locked indoors by Mother Nature for three months a year. If we weren't friendly we'd kill each other.

Attachments

• Welcome.jpg
    Welcome.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0
  • MM Legendary.jpg
    MM Legendary.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl of year 2019 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass plug in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9703B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and brgs is my drink. Have decided on eleven cleaned estate pipes unsmoked by me for breaking in one of these days. Just can't decide what to smoke in them as all of them are old pipes; some being pre-WW2. Generally I don't smoke blends that have much or any toppings in pipes of that type because I feel I lose the contribution of old wood to a satisfying smoke.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9703B_pot.jpg

Last pipe today, Va Slices in the MMBB (Mystery Maker Bent Billiard). Decided to call the figure meer Mr. Ed. It's kind of a golden hue, with a long white face. Jim is partly to credit, I've seen him mention Alan Lane on more than one occasion, the voice of Mr. Ed.
Mighty nice looking pipes.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Nightwish, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Abner the Eager came to eat, and had snooze before going back outside. Sam the Scamp showed up a few minutes ago, ate, and snoozin' by my side.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg