What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of the way through this bowl of D&R Penhooker in a 1990 straight dark brown Commemorative reproduction of the 1890 Peterson Patent System 12393 stack billiard with a silver band and a bowed black acrylic 32 AB long stem p-lip. This pipe with a bigger bowl smokes faster than my pre-Republic Pete Canadians. The wide draft area and thick bottom are mostly why.
Peterson_Commen. Billiard-Stack.jpg

Finished the first page of this story, and will touch it up when the ink dries. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

It rained all day today, and at one point, Sam the Scamp was banging on the screen door and crying to be let in. When I did, he walked right past Sleepy Suzy, who was sitting on the left arm of my den chair. After he ate, Sam did what he generally does: he ran as fast as he could to jump on the arm of my chair, but oddly enough, he didn’t notice that Suzy was already there. He jumped up and landed on her back. Sam shrieked in surprise, and jumped down to the floor. Suzy had no reaction at all, except to stare at Sam on the floor with a “You big dummy” look. Sam tried again and jumped on my lap this time. After some hissing by Suzy and growling by Sam, he settled down by my left side, and both them calmed down after a couple of minutes.

Sam settling down.
Sam_ContentonLap.jpg

Unhappy Suzy.
Suzy_Shock_Sam.jpg

Later on, Sam was lying on top of my chair when Abner the Eager jumped up there. Sam growled (his common response to everything) at Abner, who just stared intimidatingly at him. Sam got nervous, jumped down to the arm of the chair, and growled at Abner, who took Sam’s spot. Sam decided he wanted to go outside, when I opened the door, Abner followed him out. I knew he would because Abner always jumps on the top of my chair when he wants to go out. In this particular occasion, I think he wanted to send a message to Sam as well.
Abner&Sam_Chairtop1.jpg

Abner&Sam_Chairtop5.jpg

Last edited:
Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand, BB Alamo,Horton`s k-cup. I was all set to go to the fish market to get dinner,but the rain is coming down hard out there,so I wait. I`m in the mood for Mahi-Mahi,but lately it`s gotten pricey here, I may just go with honey,garlic shrimp over rice.

Good morning BoBs. Got the chores done. Coffee made, doggies fed, wifey settled in on the recliner couch. Wife's friend came over and took Charlie for a walk and play time with her dog. Finally out on the patio with CS Choctaw in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth bent billiard. 3rd mug of CR coffee. A chilly 46 but sunny. Should be a nice day.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Then, I did a set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

And I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Smoking a DePaja Rhodesian with a cherry bomb/Lane 1Q mixture. It`a a major improvement! Smokes pretty good now. Fish market was not fun,The Mahi-Mahi that I was craving was super expensive and it looked older than me! They were unloading boxes of fresh shrimp,So I got 3 pounds of it, I get home and my wife calls to tell me skip the fish mkt because she just bought 3 pounds of Flounder for dinner! LOL!

A quarter of the way through this bowl of C&D Toscano Maestro Allegro in a medium bend fumed tan crackled year 2020 Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meerschaum with a military mount silver band and black acrylic stem. Working on the review.
Ahmet Govem reverse calabash meer.jpg