What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr.Grabow wire rusticated bent bulldog with some Sutliff spiced rum.
20240109_124859.jpg

Now smoking C&D Toscano Maestro Allegro in a straight dark brownish sculpted 1960-70s Peterson meer poker with a factory replacement tapered black AB p-lip stem. I've gotten to the point that I'm comfortable with my take on these three blends, and should finish my reviews tomorrow.
Peterson_Meer_Poker.jpg

Having just recently moved, I’ve been going through stuff I hadn’t unpacked in a few years. Putting my pipes in a display case (I finally have my own room) I realized I hadn’t smoked my Dunhills in years, so I rummaged around for something to smoke in them I also hadn’t smoked in years. Found a tin of Skiff mixture that had to be at least 7 or 8 years old, stuffed some in this Cumberland 4110 and managed to finish it off just before things got too cold (chilly up here at 2500 feet elevation).

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This blend ages well. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
1960s_Lane_Charatan_Special38_bulldog.jpg

Now smoking the last of my stash of Wilke No. 24 in a smooth straight brown 1949 KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat with a nickel band accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to This Is Your FBI from my radio collection.
KBB Yello-Bole Century Model Lovat.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Nearing the last third of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

About 3:30 the morning, Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager were inside the house out of the chill and the rain. Sleepy Suzy and especially Molly Danger were very unhappy about it. Abner wasn’t thrilled either because Daisy and Tomato were letting him know he’s an invader in their territory. Tomato came inside and out three times in five or six minutes. He just looked around, and I realized that he knew Sam the Scamp was around even if I couldn’t see him. I bought Tomato back in the house, and called for Sam, who was cautious about coming to me. He felt better when he realized he had no competition. I fed him, and while he was eating, all three ferals were at the back door wanting out. I waited until Sam finished eating, scooped him up in my arms, and took him inside. Daisy, Tomato and Abner all ran out of the house, probably to chase Sam away. Sam and I had the last laugh since they didn’t notice I was carrying him when they left. They’ll be back, though. In the meantime, Sam is snoozing’ by my side.
Sam_Headcurl_Sleep.jpg

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. That'll do it for me today.
4AB_Rust_right437.jpg

Good morning,
Smoking a De Paja with Larsen`s 1864,Mug of freshly ground and perked Pikes place coffee.Another rainy day here! 5th day in a row with rain. 40 degrees.
On a brighter note,my starbucks buddy is coming by to drop off 6 bags of coffee beans,hopefully ,he has some of the Yukon coffee that I really miss.

Good Morning!
I woke up late, Lynda was off to work and the inside pets were all hungry. I was out of coffee beans so I started a k-cup of Ethiopian brewing and went outside to feed the birds and bunnies. Now I get to enjoy my coffee with GLP Westminster in my oldest MM Apple Diplomat.
View attachment 15131
Balisong,

A question for you, sir. Where did you get the replacement stem for that MM pipe? I have two MM Legends, and,even through it can't clench them, I have bitten through the stems on several of their cobs in the past. Any info you could give me would be appreciated. Thanks.