What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the first third of this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, barramundi and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to start my listening rotation with an episode of Sherlock Holmes starring Tom Conway and Nigel Bruce.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Have a third of a bowl left of Wilke Shenandoah in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend has much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter VaPer for this pipe. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Finished work for the day, fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger, and am near the last quarter of this bowl of Wilke Edwin’s Burley in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 Shamrock bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. (which was my idea that John Brandt blended). This version was my idea, too, as I wanted a lighter BurPer for this pipe.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

A third of a bowl left of C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

My usual Proper English in an MM Legend.It's always a good way to start my day.

Some tobacco questions for you guys. I 'm a big fan of English blends, but lately I've been trying out an aromatic I got from Boswell's with a pipe purchase as a free sample - an ounce of Christmas Cookie. It's growing on me,, and I wonder what else might hit the spot. I would welcome suggestions from you, as long as they don't include flame throwing blends.

straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Beautiful flake pipe! I've been going through my cellar trying to find the flake of my fancy with everything falling a little short, maybe I'll open up a tin of MacBaren HH Pure Virginia Flake this weekend, it was the last flake that I wanted more of when I ran out!

Good morning,
Smoking a Pete 304 heritage with PS Nougat,Mug of DD coffee. 33 degrees,but at least it`s not raining!
My wife left me a note to go out and feed the freeloading feral kittens/cats- I am not a cat person! The usual 5 were out there with 4 full sized cats,too. I guess words getting around the neighborhood...

Good morning laddies. Having CS Cowboy Coffee in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth bent billiard with a mug of cowboy coffee. Wife got up early this morning and said she would feed the pups so I could enjoy my pipe. Had her follow up with the ortho surgeon yesterday and he says she is doing good. My Legion Riders group is doing a lunch ride up to Baghdad today and she said she is okay with me being gone for 4 hours. I am a bit hesitant but her neighbor friend is right down the street and only a couple of minutes away. Haven't been on the bike in over a month and really want to get out. It's chilly but doable with thermal underwear and chaps. Have a great day everyone.

My usual Proper English in an MM Legend.It's always a good way to start my day.

Some tobacco questions for you guys. I 'm a big fan of English blends, but lately I've been trying out an aromatic I got from Boswell's with a pipe purchase as a free sample - an ounce of Christmas Cookie. It's growing on me,, and I wonder what else might hit the spot. I would welcome suggestions from you, as long as they don't include flame throwing blends.
A favourite of mine is Mark Twain, not heavily cased. Notes of vanilla and molasses.

Good morning laddies. Having CS Cowboy Coffee in a Lorenzo Old Vic giant smooth bent billiard with a mug of cowboy coffee. Wife got up early this morning and said she would feed the pups so I could enjoy my pipe. Had her follow up with the ortho surgeon yesterday and he says she is doing good. My Legion Riders group is doing a lunch ride up to Baghdad today and she said she is okay with me being gone for 4 hours. I am a bit hesitant but her neighbor friend is right down the street and only a couple of minutes away. Haven't been on the bike in over a month and really want to get out. It's chilly but doable with thermal underwear and chaps. Have a great day everyone.
Have a good ride Ranger. If this warm weather hold up I may be riding by March, two months early. Had a bowl of Mark Twain in my Falcon meer this morning, going out for groceries. Need coffee.

Attachments

• Falcon Meer.JPG
    Falcon Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
It's been cold and damp outside the last two days, which hinders my pipe smoking. It's still cold today, but at least dry. So when Sir Barksalot of Yorkshire entreated me to take him for a walk, I took the opportunity to load up my Barling bent acorn with Edward G. Robertson's and head out.

Win-win!

jacksie.jpg