What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been cold and damp outside the last two days, which hinders my pipe smoking. It's still cold today, but at least dry. So when Sir Barksalot of Yorkshire entreated me to take him for a walk, I took the opportunity to load up my Barling bent acorn with Edward G. Robertson's and head out.

Win-win!

View attachment 15210
One of the top breeds and most loved dog in the UK, And Sir Barksalot is a beauty.

About a third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

For a sec, I read that as Tim Conway!
You'll laugh even more when I tell you that Tim Conway's real first name was Tom. He changed it to Tim to avoid audience confusion between him and actor Tom Conway.

Not only that, but Tom Conway's real last name was Saunders. He was the brother of actor George Saunders. He changed his last name to avoid confusion and he didn't want to trade in on his brother's growing fame at the time.

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side for lunch. I'm smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Lavazza Perfetto, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Currently, I have a third of a bowl left of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of 2019 HU Directors Cut in a 1970s slight bend medium brown Caminetto business 134 poker with a pearl gold acrylic stem.
Caminetto_Business134_poker.jpg

Currently, I am just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. It's been a very busy day.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Also been a busy day. 4 hour ride out to Baghdad. Lunch in an overpriced Mexican restaurant. Got back home just in time to to the HOA Directors meeting where I had a few choice comments for the new ARC committee chairman. Home to make dinner for wifey and me. Now enjoying an apres diner smoke of CS Northwest Trek in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with a caramel machiatto coffee. Good evening my friends.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm off to work with a bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg