What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out with Jacksie this morning. A chilly 40°, but mitigated by a clear blue sky and lovely winter sunlight. Smoked Schwab's Proud Sultan in the Hardcastle's bent billiard.
Hardcastle's Crown Bent Billiard.jpg

Good morning fellow BoBs. 45 on the patio this morning this morning. Sunny but breezy making it seem colder. Finally got all the chores done and doggies fed. Having the last of my Cattle Drive before switching over to Round Up. CR morning coffee. Played fetch with Charlie for a while, now he is resting in my lap, lol. Zippo buddy, glad you got the new socks. Wish I could send more at a time but postage to England is weird. If I send a box, or "package", vs. the flat envelope, the rates increase astronomically, like 6x more. A 4 oz. box goes up to around $40 US. Postage costs more than the tobacco, lol. Will try to send some more often. Anyway, glad you're enjoying the Hobbits Weed.

Postage costs more than the tobacco, lol. Will try to send some more often. Anyway, glad you're enjoying the Hobbits Weed.
I get that buddy, the same is true in reciprocation. But I figure the Hobbit Weed you send me, along with the other great blends, more than makes up for it ☺️

Quick smoke of the awesome Hobbit weed in a MMCC Mark Twain before heading out to the pub, gonna meet up with some ex forces mates and arrange the annual camping trip, that will be forthcoming in the spring, it's for a local Kids care home, Yours truly teaches them bush craft, which they really enjoy. Others will teach kayaking, archery, and a host of other activities. I'm not sure who has more fun, us or the kids 🤔

Joining my buddy Zippo with some Hobbits Weed in a Pete Xmas Deerstalker and a 3rd mug of coffee. Wish I could join you down at the pub Zip, lol. Maybe some day?? Carole and I have been watching a PBS special called All Creatures Great and Small about veterinarians in England during the WW II years. Some fantastic scenes of English countryside. Gotta head to the ranch soon to ride Teddy. Last chance today as starting tomorrow they are predicting rain or snow for the rest of the week. Zippo, good on you for working with the tykes. When I was still in the Reserves we adopted a Boy Scout camp. We kept up the log cabins they slept in and taught them outdoor skills, like archery, shooting and camping. Very rewarding.

Carole and I have been watching a PBS special called All Creatures Great and Small about veterinarians in England during the WW II years. Some fantastic scenes of English countryside.
A hugely popular show here in England, filmed in and around various places in Yorkshire, and mainly the market town of Grassinton. The series has been running on the BBC for years.

Joining my buddy Zippo with some Hobbits Weed in a Pete Xmas Deerstalker and a 3rd mug of coffee. Wish I could join you down at the pub Zip, lol. Maybe some day?? Carole and I have been watching a PBS special called All Creatures Great and Small about veterinarians in England during the WW II years. Some fantastic scenes of English countryside. Gotta head to the ranch soon to ride Teddy. Last chance today as starting tomorrow they are predicting rain or snow for the rest of the week. Zippo, good on you for working with the tykes. When I was still in the Reserves we adopted a Boy Scout camp. We kept up the log cabins they slept in and taught them outdoor skills, like archery, shooting and camping. Very rewarding.
My wife and I love All Creatures Great and Small. The books they are based on are quite good, I think. I am a sucker for the wonderful views of the English countryside.

A hugely popular show here in England, filmed in and around various places in Yorkshire, and mainly the market town of Grassinton. The series has been running on the BBC for years.
There have been two All Creatures Great and Small series. In the US, the current one is on PBS, and older series can be viewed on BritBox.

I read James Herriot's "memoires" when I was quite young, around 12. I think they hold a place in my education and respect for animals that cannot be overstated. The small town peccadillos also rang true. A nice memory to mull over with my morning ritual. The Legend is out of rotation, I'm remudding the floor with my improved mud recipe, it needs to dry out first so I'm having my MT in my Rattray's today. Have a good day guys.

Attachments

• Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    Rattray's Dark Ale 107.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. The bushy tailed cat is still around. It doesn't know m'lady, but she agreed to take some time to see if he'll be friendly to her as well as myself.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Then I did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Smoking a Bari Wiking freehand with Sutliff Mark twain, 8`oclock k-cup.
I got the vac working,it was a pain in the ass and took 3 hours total. I had to play Macgyver because of all of the cheap plastic on this machine. I am used to working with wood,which is a little flexible. Plastic just cracks!