What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam the Scamp is a girl, and she had five baby kittens under the back deck.
I guess that Sam the Scamp will now be known as Samantha the Tramp! We have a cat that managed to get pregnant twice before we got her fixed. Kittens rehome easily if you put out the word before they get too big. Your local SPCA or pet stores might be able to help.

Up somewhat early. Have to be in Pauldin for a mini horse event at the grammer school by 8:30. So a short bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a Pete Watson with a mug of CR coffee. Jim, good luck with the kitties. Or, you could keep them. Is there such a thing as a cat farm, lol?

Good morning,
I`m late to the party!
Smoking a rusticated Pete Watson, MB Symphony, mug of DD coffee.
It`s a cold windy day here,So I won`t be doing any yard work,but I have a few indoor projects on the honey -do list.
Ranger, It`s the same pipe seller, I think he goes by- bears3 ?
He always has high quality pipes at reasonable prices,and they always arrive ready to smoke.

Try some beeswax. Tends to tighten loose stems. If that doesn't work a light coating of clear nail polish.
I was joking earlier. I do have a Dr Grabow that has the metal tenon(male part). It is my oldest pipe I have ever owned. I have tried to adjusting it as it is called an adjustamatic. It is not working. Where do I apply the clear nail polish? Thanks in advance.

Another sunny, cold morning in the Bluegrass. I repeated my last smoke of yesterday: KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the Jansen's bent volcano with saddle stem. At the end of the walk I was about half-way through the bowl, and I had saved a cup of coffee so that I could enjoy them together, since KBV describes Burley Morning Pipe as "an all day smoke for having with morning coffee." Yes, indeed, this tobacco and coffee taste great together. The chocolate and coffee flavorings of the tobacco complement, but do not overwhelm the flavor of the burley tobaccos. I'm looking forward to when the weather warms up enough in the mornings to sit on our patio with a book, a cup of coffee, and a pipe loaded with Burley Morning Pipe.
Jansen's.jpg

Up somewhat early. Have to be in Pauldin for a mini horse event at the grammer school by 8:30. So a short bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a Pete Watson with a mug of CR coffee. Jim, good luck with the kitties. Or, you could keep them. Is there such a thing as a cat farm, lol?
I would prefer to run a cat house that made me some money. :LOL: 😇

Almost half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I've posted before about an idea to smoke twist chewing tobacco. I think in days past, these twists were for smoking too. Having a bowl of R.C. Owens Futurity All Burley in a Kaywoodie Super Grain billiard. It's dry as a bone, but not bad with some nuttiness and reminds me of other burleys.
20240319_115425.jpg

Last edited:
That burley didn't last long, but left a great aftertaste. Now having a bowl of KBV 2022 Verge Engine Overdrive in a Peterson rusticated standard system 309 with p-lip and a glass of matcha. The matcha is supposed to have sustained release of caffeine with less peak and crash than coffee. I think it does that, and I'll need it for some outside work later in the day.
20240319_123846.jpg

Smoking a DePaja straight apple, CAO Moontrance,Mug of Yukon coffee. I was talking with a pipe buddy, who smokes mainly MB tobacco`s. I commented to him that the MB Symphony does not taste the same - He told me you need to rub it out before you smoke it. I have never heard of that with an Aromatic tobacco,but I will give it a try later.

I am taking a break from shampooing the living room carpet, Our aged rottweiler had an accident last night...
Anyway,Smoking a Vauen bent pot with "rubbed" MB Symphony. It seems like my buddy was right! The tobacco somehow tastes better and burns slower and cooler! you learn something new everyday.

Enjoyed a Jethro Bodine bowl and a half of freshly made chicken soup lunch with a golden delicious apple for dessert. Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. And drank three cups of Gold Star Cafe 645, neat.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, yesterday was a big feast for us here in Greece, it's called ''Clean Monday" so we count 40 days till the Easter. According to the tradition we eat specific kind of food, here is a typical GR menu for this day:

LToEpFp.jpg

1) Taramas (cod roe, missing from the photo, my wife's fault)
2) Lagana (bread without leaven, according to the custom is cut by hand)
3) Barley with seafood (sepia, cuttlefish, etc.)
4) Paper towels, salt and pepper
5) Wine (red here)
6) Beans with sauce
7) Fava beans
8) Dumplings
9) Halvas Chocolate
10) Ηalva Vanilla
11) Salad
12) Filtered water

3104661414b7f915a7364974f77d5b95211c91c3.jpg

I am smoking Peter Stokkebye - Luxury Twist Flake (No. 402)

I was joking earlier. I do have a Dr Grabow that has the metal tenon(male part). It is my oldest pipe I have ever owned. I have tried to adjusting it as it is called an adjustamatic. It is not working. Where do I apply the clear nail polish? Thanks in advance.
If it has the metal tenon/stinger you shouldn't need any polish. The strm should just screw into the stummel.

Having my first bowl of unreleased 2023 Sutliff English slab in a brown medium bend 2002 Ser Jacopo Delecta Fatta A Mano R1 sandblast Rhodesian with a smooth extension at the shank with a military mount and a tapered black acrylic stem. Trying to figure what all is in here and why it was rejected. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Ser_Jacopo_DelectaR1_rhodesian.jpg

Sutliff_EnglishSlab.jpg

Sutliff_EnglishSlabClose.jpg

Now smoking the last of this tin of year 2015 John Aylesbury Sir John’s Flake Virginia in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. One of these days, I'll revisit the blend and pipe.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg