What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just attaching the picture.

Attachments

• 20240401_175602.jpg
    20240401_175602.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Just finishing this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake in a smooth dark brown quarter bend post-1935 KBB/Kaywoodie New England Briar Pipe Company Flagship 83B Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been a busy day. I got two Plum Pudding cigars today. I'll try one tomorrow.
KBB NEPC_83B_Rhodesian.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steelhead trout and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to the Dodgers-Giants game.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Did some low calorie snacking, and am smoking year 2017 E-soterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to Man Behind the Gun from my radio collection. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
KBB Kaywoodie_Rocky1582-bulldog.jpg

Back on the bluff again prepping for high winds and 1 inch of rain. I'm enjoying Prince Albert in an MM diplomat bent apple with original plastic stem which I like, as it clenches easily with no potential wear on my teeth like the acrylic stems on my others. If I only had the ability to have one pipe, I could be happy with a plain old MM cob.
View attachment 17174
Beautiful pic mate(y)(y)(y)

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Fed my cats. The ferals are outside, except for Sam the Scamp. We haven't let her go outside, but she gets frequent breaks from confinement with her babies. It won't be long before those littles will want to journey around, and we're making decisions on the best way to handle it. I haven't posted much about them the last few days because there's not been a lot to tell outside of the regular routines.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

I have had this Ropp for like 10 years and decided to give it a go and crack a new tin of Rattrays. Unfortunately it still tasted of when I cleansed it way back then with everclear.
A few more bowls and it will be allllll good.
Its a nugget of a pipe thick walls and feels great to hold so it will be a regular I reckon.
I really ,really love the profession mix anyone that wants to try a mellow english blend this one might be good in my opinion.
https://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/960/rattray-professional-mixture/

1712042236021.png

Last smoke of the day is year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Reading baseball box scores.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

One cool thing I haven’t mentioned is that one of the orange babies will grab my finger when I rub it, and lick it. I can't tell if it's the same one as before, though. I can tell that they like me. Sam the Scamp watches while I rub them, and sometimes, she purrs when I do. She is certainly watchful, which is good. :)
BabiesSpread1.jpg