What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in an IMP lattice apple meer with my 3rd mug of coffee. Can't ride today but Carole wants to go see Teddy and give him treats, lol. Then have to run some errands. Have a great day everyone.
Beautiful meer. It's really nice to see images of your pipes, I look forward to getting a look at more of your collection.

As Zippo said earlier, posts get more attention when I remember to send them. :LOL:
Was about to post an update that I'm having some Mark Twain in my Bones Dublin to wrap up my coffee and get my ass in gear, then I saw this
post hadn't been sent. Zippo, it's contagious! 😷

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am finishing this bowl of year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

After doing a little lawn prep work, I'm relaxing on the patio enjoying Watch City Rouxgaroux in the Barling Sovereign bent acorn with saddle stem. A couple of comments: although the name Rouxgaroux is an amusing reference to the fearsome creature of Bayou lore (the label reads, "A Monster Va Per Blend!") there is nothing fearsome about Rouxgaroux. I find it to be rich and well-blended. It has a lovely floral scent, that also has a little spice--not in a peppery sense, but more akin to a subtle cinnamon? I am already a fan. Kudos to our @JimInks and Ernie at Watch City. My only regret is that it is already sold out and I purchased only 4 ounces.
Barling Sovereign Bent Acorn.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

After doing a little lawn prep work, I'm relaxing on the patio enjoying Watch City Rouxgaroux in the Barling Sovereign bent acorn with saddle stem. A couple of comments: although the name Rouxgaroux is an amusing reference to the fearsome creature of Bayou lore (the label reads, "A Monster Va Per Blend!") there is nothing fearsome about Rouxgaroux. I find it to be rich and well-blended. It has a lovely floral scent, that also has a little spice--not in a peppery sense, but more akin to a subtle cinnamon? I am already a fan. Kudos to our @JimInks and Ernie at Watch City. My only regret is that it is already sold out and I purchased only 4 ounces.
View attachment 17338
I'm pleased you like it. It was mostly my formula, and I know you see me smoke it regular in one of my favorite pipes.

Check your PM.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. I needed to dedicate another pipe to this blend to smoke on days I give the 4AB Natural a rest, and this Baskerville is an old favorite of mine. I also have a sandblast and PSB Baskerville waiting for me to decide what to smoke in them. Getting ready to watch the Braves- Diamond Backs game, and am cleaning a few pipes.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg

Good afternoon BoBs. Pre dinner bowl of my own Trail Boss in a Danish Sovereign (Stanwell 2nd) stubby volcano. Oolong tea aside. Don't know what made this a 2nd as it's a nearly perfect straight grain. There is one miniscule fill which is almost impossible to see. Anyway it's a great smoker and well worth the $30 I paid for it on Ebay.

Attachments

• 20240406_171548.jpg
    20240406_171548.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the first half of this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. The Braves have scored an amazing comeback and led the game 9-8 in the 8th. They were down 6-0 in the first.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Smoking my Peterson Supreme 106 filled to the brim with some 2016 Haddo’s Delight. This blend really shines with some age on it. My wife also tells me the room note is quite pleasant. She often walks in on me reading in my chair and says, “Smells like Haddo’s.” Sleepy Time tea is my drink.

Amazing how this pipe has darkened in only a month. Before . . . and after.
IMG_8906.jpeg
IMG_8825.jpeg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem.
Barling_249.jpg

Sam the Scamp woke me up very early by banging at the door to get out of the bathroom. She has food there, but she prefers to eat out in the open. Here she is by my side as I watched The Adventures of Superman, which, along with Batman, led me to become a comic book artist.
Jim&Sam3Side.jpg

This evening we broke out the playpen we just got, and placed it in the den. It’s the first time the babies have been out of the bathroom. Sam was very protective of them when Sleepy Suzy came by and hissed; nothing came of that. Sam nursed them, and when she finished, couldn’t wait to get out of the pen, and roam around the den, kitchen and by my side. She hissed and took a swipe at Suzy, who was upset and backed away. As protective as Sam rightfully is, I picked up Suzy and moved her away. Molly Danger just stared at them, and there was one hissing match before Molly walked away. Tomato the Brave saw them, and Sam freaked out, scaring off Tomato bad enough that he wanted to go outside. Haven’t seen much of Abner the Eager today. Daisy the Feral Princess has slept most of the day and night. None of the latter two have seen the littles, and for me, it’s just as well they didn’t right now.
BabyNurse1.jpg

Sam&Babies_fullpen.jpg

Sam,BabiesMolly.jpg