What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to post this yesterday, but got distracted:

Just finished some Presbyterian Mixture in my brand new (a few weeks old) "Peterson System Standard 306 Heritage Tobacco Pipe PLIP" (copied that right from the order confirmation). This is my first Peterson, and I learned two things about Peterson pipes. 1) They make a beautiful pipe that smokes well, and 2) I really don't like the PLIP! I've smoked it close to 10 times I'd say, and my mouth just doesn't know what to do with that thing. Also, while the shape is gorgeous - it's a bit of an oom Paul shape - I find it hard to hold, and I've dropped it 4 or 5 times, once on gravel (ouch!)

Moved on to a MM Elf Cobbit with Lane 1Q. Wife having a second-hand smoke with me. ;)
I have no problem with the Plip, although I know a lot of people do. But I feel your pain on dropping your new Pete.
I once dropped a brand new Savinelli Trevi, straight out of the box, and drove over it in my chair, maneuvering it, so Mrs Z could pick it up. Double ouch

Smoking some Scottish Flake in a Castello Old Antiquari kkkk with coffee on the side. This pipe is a true ring grain blast and just a joy to smoke. Huge open draw and always cool. Normally castellos don’t do it for me because their designs are just too whimsical for my tastes, but this one is a pipe I don’t anticipate ever selling or trading. It’s close to perfect in my book.

IMG_8925.jpeg
IMG_8926.jpeg
IMG_8927.jpeg
IMG_8924.jpeg

Good morning everyone. Beautiful day here in the mountains. Having my go to Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos bent dublin with morning CR coffee. Full schedule today. Out to HwH at 10 for an orientation class, required every year for insurance regardless of how long you've been there. Kind of stupid. Then back to the Legion to box up old flags for a retirement ceremony in June. Then riding out to the airport for the unveiling of a statue of Earnest A. Love, which the airport, and our Legion post, are named after. He was a WWI fighter pilot, shot down and killed in France in 1918. Have a good day my friends.

Good evening my friends. Another late start for me today. Its a case of so much to do, so little time scenario, is my only excuse.
Loading a Petersons Sports Billiard, fitted with an extremely short, (1inch) Plip stem. With some UkuleleDude67 gifted CS Cherokee. (Thanks Bud).
Then it's down to the pub a little later, for Quiz night, and the obligatory few pints 😁. Have a great day my friends

Up a little earlier than I wanted because Sam the Scamp was banging on the bathroom door for some freedom. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed three big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a bowl of spumoni ice cream for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated slight bend black sandblasted Lorenzo Elba Imperia 8636 egg with an amber colored acrylic saddle stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
Lorenzo_Elba_Imperia8636_black.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Finally home and on the patio. Smoking Benediction in a Randy Wiley freehand bent dublin with green acrylic stem. Toasted coconut tea on the side. Would rather have had toasted Evan Williams but its a bit early even though it is after 5, lol.

Attachments

• 20240410_165352.jpg
    20240410_165352.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0