What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a long walk in the park with Jacksie while enjoying Arango Balkan Supreme in the Barling Sovereign bent acorn.
Barling Sovereign Bent Acorn.jpg

Did a set of walking reps on this hot and humid day, and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Hawaiian Kona Extra Fancy, neat, is my drink.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Finished most of a bowl of PS Pistaccio on my short walk to work this morning. I enjoy it. To my taste, it has got a combination of light nuttiness, perfume, and liquor that does remind me of pistaccio. The flavor combination creates a ghost of a creamy flavor that I think real pistaccios have.
The pipe is a cheap missouri meerschaum corn cob. Low nicotine, no noticeable nicotine buzz, which matches my preference perfectly.

God bless us.

Finished most of a bowl of PS Pistaccio on my short walk to work this morning. I enjoy it. To my taste, it has got a combination of light nuttiness, perfume, and liquor that does remind me of pistaccio. The flavor combination creates a ghost of a creamy flavor that I think real pistaccios have.
The pipe is a cheap missouri meerschaum corn cob. Low nicotine, no noticeable nicotine buzz, which matches my preference perfectly.

God bless us.
Welcome aboard Gaius, great post

God bless us.
Welcome Gaius! God bless us indeed!

Did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Off to the studio to do a little work with a bowl of Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Smoking - or going to light - a La Flora Del Caney double corona from my humidor. I have several boxes of this discontinued cigar, aged 15 yrs. Dinner of hamburger patty w/o bun, mushrooms with pickles. My drink, Laphroaig. In my gazebo listening to music. Lots of rain and cold temps
20240429_190725.jpg
. The stove feels very good.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and asparagus dinner wth strawberries for dessert. Passing the half way mark of this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Getting ready to watch the Braves-Mariners game.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Friend in a pre-1980s straight dark brown Comoy's Sandblast 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to the ball game.
Comoy's_Sandblast 186 billiard.jpg

Wow Ranger those birds look so cool, looks like they got little a spartan helmets on View attachment 18117:LOL:
They look similar to our Crested/topnotch Pigeon (y)
View attachment 18118
Sub note Dad said when times were tough as a kid he would harvest them with his .22 and his mum would make her famous Pidgeon pie. They would be protected now no doubt.

Last edited:
Have a sweet tooth day today and smoking my mario brothers free pipe and a H Wiebe Radiator chimney with a small bend , I don't think they make that shape anymore maybe if you look up you get a gut full of spittle :p I love it anyway and that hammer pipe is definitely not a sitter :LOL: With some very cheap bulk vanilla that is a great smoke in my opinion and yes I have the dearer stuff as well.
It is being kept in my bar fridge for the last year or so very nicely. Mmmm maybe because it get opened far to regularly (y)

1714445497305.png