What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning!
All the animals are fed and watered and I'm caught up on this thread. Yesterday I took a Pride filled with Kensington out on errands and came home to find that my pound of GLP Westminster and Colibri Pacifica arrived two days early! I decided to finish the last of the Westminster I had and opened the big boy to let it breath. Now I'm taking a break with GLP Abingdon in a Rob Roy along with a k-cup of coffee.

I have to leave shortly to see the pain mgmt DR. It will be an interesting visit because I woke up in pain!
I hope the visit helps! I wrestled two cages apart that were rusted together and woke up with a sore back Tuesday, aspirin is helping. Try whatever the doctor suggests short of opioids which can only cause more problems! Good luck!

That might not be a bad idea, my back is voicing it's displeasure since returning to work Monday. It's chronic, I just nurse it when I have to and soldier on. I'm sure Opium would help.🥴
I have several aches in various joints, and use a salve that first came from Mennonite stores called Unkers. Now, it's available t
online. The stuff helps me at times. Hope everyone with these issues gets better.

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Esoterica Dorchester in a straight smooth brown 1920s KBB Rocky Briar 1582 patent no.298978 with a B in a circle bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Lone Ranger from my radio collection, most of which I got off of Archive.org. If you like old time radio, it's the place to go because they have thousands and thousands of old radio shows for free. There's lots of old TV shows, movies, and books, too, all of which are in public domain.
View attachment 17491
That's a cool site Jim. I used to get old folk/work camp songs off the Smithsonian site. Some of them were recorded on wax cylinders.

Smoking some Bayou Morning in an old Savinelli Punto Oro 101. Love the red stain on this old boy. Blast is decent too. What I’ve noticed with these old Savinellis, though, is that the vulcanite stems are close to impossible to keep shiny. I suspect they used a cheaper form of vulcanite because I don’t have the same difficulties with my 1960s and 1970s Dunhill vulcanite stems. I inquired a couple of times with artisan makers and Savinelli itself about the cost of making acrylic replica stems for these, but in each case the cost of doing so outweighs the cost of the pipe itself. So I just live with it, but I can’t help seeing an ugly old stem every time I smoke em.
IMG_8928.jpeg

Smoking a Pete XL02 Aran ,PS Nougat,mug of DD coffee.The drive to Dr`s appointment was an adventure, Pouring rain,Accidents,road construction lane closures. The Dr was very honest with me,he basically told me that my back is a mess and that I will probably have to use pain meds the rest of my life. I have been on pain meds since 1988 and have controlled them well so far...

Smoking some Bayou Morning in an old Savinelli Punto Oro 101. Love the red stain on this old boy. Blast is decent too. What I’ve noticed with these old Savinellis, though, is that the vulcanite stems are close to impossible to keep shiny. I suspect they used a cheaper form of vulcanite because I don’t have the same difficulties with my 1960s and 1970s Dunhill vulcanite stems. I inquired a couple of times with artisan makers and Savinelli itself about the cost of making acrylic replica stems for these, but in each case the cost of doing so outweighs the cost of the pipe itself. So I just live with it, but I can’t help seeing an ugly old stem every time I smoke em.
View attachment 17507
Give Smokers Haven in NY a call. They replaced stems on 2 of my pipes for less than $20 each. And they do a great job.

Good morning laddies. It's Hobbits Weed in a Calabresi bent brandy and a big mug of cowboy coffee. Played fetch with Charlie until he got tired and jumped on my lap. A warm sunny day here. A rare day with nothing on the schedule, lol. Oh , pipe'nprof, this is one of the pipes that Smokers Haven put a new stem in. Think it was $16 and 6 or 7 bucks for shipping.

Attachments

• 20240411_082248.jpg
    20240411_082248.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Good Evening my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Well it's been a very busy day here. Its Mrs Z's birthday today, so lots of people popping in and out, and the phone ringing incessantly. But it's been an enjoyable day. Will be going out soon for a meal and a bit of a bash, which I'm hoping is still a surprise to her.
But anyway, I have some time now for a bowl of St.Bruno in a St.Bruno. This pipe was commissioned by Ogdens in 1996, to mark its centenary of its St.Bruno blend. The maker was Murray Frame & Love. One of the last independents in the UK. Sadly I believe no longer in business.
Have an awesome day my friends, happy puffing 😊
Murray Frame-Love.jpg
20240411_155548.jpg

A third of a bowl left of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed Sleepy Suzy, Molly Danger, three ferals, and checked on Sam and the scampers. As there is a break in the rain, I took trash and recycle cans to the street, and am watching Mad Dog Russo while the Braves-Mets game is in a rain delay. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I absolutely love Watch City Deluxe Crumb Cut. When I want something other than Pegasus or Winchester I reach for Deluxe Crumb Cut. It has the perfect amount of Latakia for me which is a whisper. Do you like Boswell's Premium Burley Jim?
It's a pretty good basic OTC-like blend. Haven't smoked it in years, though.

Well it's been a very busy day here. Its Mrs Z's birthday today, so lots of people popping in and out, and the phone ringing incessantly. But it's been an enjoyable day. Will be going out soon for a meal and a bit of a bash, which I'm hoping is still a surprise to her.
But anyway, I have some time now for a bowl of St.Bruno in a St.Bruno. This pipe was commissioned by Ogdens in 1996, to mark its centenary of its St.Bruno blend. The maker was Murray Frame & Love. One of the last independents in the UK. Sadly I believe no longer in business.
Have an awesome day my friends, happy puffing 😊View attachment 17510View attachment 17511
Wishing Patsy a very happy birthday. 😊

Out on the bluff checking on rain effects on the road. Having a bowl of C&D Burley Flake #1 mixed with Amphora Burley to cut the red VA in an MM Pride raw cob with forever stem. That's my new Rough Ryder Elephant toenail knife in white smooth bone handle. I bought the pattern because it has a history of being used by carpenters as a "pocket hatchet" which can be be used with baton piece of wood to pound through wood. It's a pocket full. The tobacco got better to me into the bowl yesterday, so figured I should have another round-getting better.
20240411_120817.jpg

View attachment 17507
Wonder if a forever acrylic stem would fit.

Have an awesome day my friends, happy puffing 😊View attachment 17510View attachment 17511
Happy birthday Mrs. Zippo!