What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a big and tasty golden delicious apple on the side. I'm smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Mets game. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake in a straight smooth terracotta 2014 Sherlock Holmes Baker Street bulldog with sterling silver band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes BakerStreet_Terracotta.jpg

Good Evening my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Well it's been a very busy day here. Its Mrs Z's birthday today, so lots of people popping in and out, and the phone ringing incessantly. But it's been an enjoyable day. Will be going out soon for a meal and a bit of a bash, which I'm hoping is still a surprise to her.
But anyway, I have some time now for a bowl of St.Bruno in a St.Bruno. This pipe was commissioned by Ogdens in 1996, to mark its centenary of its St.Bruno blend. The maker was Murray Frame & Love. One of the last independents in the UK. Sadly I believe no longer in business.
Have an awesome day my friends, happy puffing 😊View attachment 17510View attachment 17511
May you and your bride have a lovely day!

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2-pre-1962 LHS Certified Purex 24 squat bulldog with a nickel ferrule and built in stinger and a black acrylic saddle stem.
View attachment 17513

Happy birthday to Mrs. Zippo.
I love this pipe. It reminds me a little of the starship Enterprise. 🤓

Good Evening my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
Well it's been a very busy day here. Its Mrs Z's birthday today, so lots of people popping in and out, and the phone ringing incessantly. But it's been an enjoyable day. Will be going out soon for a meal and a bit of a bash, which I'm hoping is still a surprise to her.
But anyway, I have some time now for a bowl of St.Bruno in a St.Bruno. This pipe was commissioned by Ogdens in 1996, to mark its centenary of its St.Bruno blend. The maker was Murray Frame & Love. One of the last independents in the UK. Sadly I believe no longer in business.
Have an awesome day my friends, happy puffing 😊View attachment 17510View attachment 17511
I have one Murry Frame & Love briar, a big bulldog! I really need to get it out and smoke it more often!! Thanks for the reminder!! And a great big happy Birthday to Miz Zippo!!!!! FTRPLT

Enjoyed a short snooze, and near the half way mark of this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff Virginia Flake in a 2014 Savinelli Gaius smooth brown slight bend 320KS author with a black acrylic military mount ferrule and tapered stem. I had forgotten that I had this as I have occasionally been smoking two other unreleased Va. Flakes by Sutliff. This is so much like a deeper, darker Captain Blue. I wonder why they didn't put it on the market?
Savinelli_320KS_Gauis author.jpg

@Swede I appreciate the concern, I have two degenerated disks and spinal misalignment. A topical remedy won't address the issue. I've managed it for twenty years with physio and limited prescription pain relief. It will settle down in a few days, my back and I will be fine. Short of a rod in my spine nothing can fix it and it has not reached that point. If I hadn't been so idle this winter it wouldn't be acting up.