What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KBV Verge Engine Overdrive in a Yello-Bole Cured with Real Honey Premier pot shape.
20240412_112524.jpg

Hi Buddy
Yes I live in a tiny village, with a population of 136 people. Unfortunately it, along with other villages in the area, is getting swamped by a new town, which has now been granted city status. And all the centuries old villages that surrounded it, are now being eaten up by the new city's expansion. This new town is NOW only 10 miles from me, and getting ever closer, with local farmers and land owners selling off to developers
This happened to me about 14 years ago. Our small town was getting swamped and losing its small town charm. I sold and moved further into the country. Never regretted it. Our only neighbors now are the geese that visit a nearby pond.

Near the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, am nearing the last third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Three Sails in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank. Haven't smoked this pipe in years, but was reminded of it a couple of days ago.
Chacom_Saucer.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been playing with the scampers. They are getting very friendly to me.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Smoking a Pete Rusticated Strand with 7 seas regular blend,Horton`s k-cup. Kind of back to the basic`s for me. The rain let up long enough for me to run a few errands-Wife wanted sausage,pepper & onions for dinner and I had no Vadalia onions.

A quick smoke before we head out for our Fish n Chips, and a few pints. So it's some Cherokee in a Petersons Killarney. I'm really enjoying this Cherokee, dang you Americans are so lucky to be able to access all the tobaccos I love, but can't get in the UK. Enjoy the rest of your day my friends 😊
Next shipment of socks I will include some CS Choctaw. If you like Cherokee you will likely love Choctaw.

Hi Buddy
Yes I live in a tiny village, with a population of 136 people. Unfortunately it, along with other villages in the area, is getting swamped by a new town, which has now been granted city status. And all the centuries old villages that surrounded it, are now being eaten up by the new city's expansion. This new town is NOW only 10 miles from me, and getting ever closer, with local farmers and land owners selling off to developers
Does the village have any recourse for protection under heritage status? Specifically regarding zoning and development to preserve its character and identity?

I had unexpected and very enjoyable company, so I didn't post smokes. They brought over a bag of cat food, and wanted to see Sam and the Scampers. Earlier, I smoked the last of this pouch of KBV Verge Engine Santa Drive 2023 in a 1978 Peterson Deluxe 20S medium bend smooth dark brown billiard with a silver cap military mount black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem.
Peterson_Deluxe20S_1978_P-Lip.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of KBV Roman Soldier in a 1935 small, straight smooth dark brown Irish Free State K&P (Peterson) billiard with a silverish cap military mount and tapered black vulcanite stem.
Irish Free State_MMbilliard_1935.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a 1998 smooth straight Butz-Choquin Bistro 1501 pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was the original 515 that Basil Rathbone smoked. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Marlins game.
Butz-Choquin1501_Bistro_Pot.jpg