What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Setting up a bowl of Oriental Silk in my MM Cobbler for a nightcap. Caught up on some sleep today after errands, going to clear my own gardens tomorrow, weather permitting. Have a good night BoBs.

Attachments

• BoB.jpg
    BoB.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 0
  • MM Cobbler.jpg
    MM Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to the CBC series Nero Wolfe as I work.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to the Dodgers-Padres game on the XM.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

Setting up a second nightcap of Smooth Black & Gold in my Rossi Canadian.
@JimInks Any interest in adoptions for your litter yet? I would love to take an orange kitten but I imagine USPS and CP frown on mailing them.
As soon as they are old enough, we hope to have homes for them. We are on three adoption waiting lists right now. If one of them comes through, while the scampers are being weaned, they'll take Sam, too, since she doesn't have a home. A couple of people I trust have expressed interest in a couple of them, and I hope they will do it.

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2022 Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a straight smooth ebony post-WW2 LHS Sterncrest 91 bulldog with a sterling silver band, a diamond shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
LHS_Sterncrest 91_bulldog.jpg

Finished work for the day, and am passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. Going to download a few photos and videos of the scampers.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Harry the Hairy made three visits today. There was a little drama when he was yowling at Daisy the Feral Princess, who was intimidated by it. I brought her inside, fed Harry, and all was well. Daisy spent most of the day snoozing’, and the last three nights, she was sleeping with m’lady. I never seen her do that before.
HarryConcernedDaisy.jpg

DaisyUpset1.jpg

Didn’t see much of Abner the Eager today. Tomato the Brave is spending more time outside now that the weather is warmer. Seeing Sam and the Scampers deters him from staying inside when we have them out in the playpen. I didn’t take any photos of Tomato today, but this pre-bow tie one was how he acted when he saw me go out to walk this afternoon. I thought he might go with me, but he didn’t.
TomatoLoungeContent.jpg

Last smoke of the day is year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a dark brown medium bend grain etched 1970s Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B freehand with a black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a while. Great smoker.
Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B.jpg

Sam is very protective of her scampers as one would expect. Any time a cat comes near the babies, she aggressively scares them off. Once, she took a swipe at Molly Danger, and we returned them to the back bathroom. One thing we do not tolerate is any feral doing that to Sleepy Suzy or Molly Danger. Especially Molly, who gets very traumatized by that, and we have to console her until she calms down.

We did have fun watching and playing with the scampers. Sometimes, Sam gets upset if she thinks we overdo it, and lets us know it. Sometimes, she’s protective, and sometimes she is jealous because she’s not getting the attention. It’s hard to tell which attitude is which.
Sam_BabyPen1.jpg

McltClimbMe1.jpg

OrngFinger1.jpg

Attachments

• Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B.jpg
    Preben Holm Ben Wade Prominence B.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 0
Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊
As was yesterday. Today is glorious, the sun is shining, birds are in full chorus, and the trees are putting on thier coats of green. It's truly a beautiful day.
I'm about to load some Cherokee in a Savinelli Tortuga and continue to enjoy this exceptional day in the garden. As I wish you all, as fine a day as the one I'm having 🙂

Good morning,
Starting my day with a DePaja bent brandy, Capt black original,mug of Yukon coffee. Trying to get to an early mass. I have volunteered to help out at a church fundraising dinner at noon. I am hoping my back does not give me problems....