What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1984 medium bend black grain etched Savinelli Non Pareil 9310 poker with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite flared stem. Still have things to do.
Savinelli_NonPareil_poker9310.jpg

No other news today except to note that this orange baby and his multi-colored brother think my fingers taste like chicken.
McltFinger1.jpg

McltClimbMe2.jpg

OrngFinger2.jpg

OrngFinger5.jpg

A third of a bowl left of 2016 G&H Rum Flake in a 2014 straight MM Missouri Pride Legend with a black plastic stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.

Scampers at my feet:

Sam bathing the scampers. They sure make it tough for her.

Well, I was wrong about going to bed, so I'm smoking first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a straight smooth brown 1920s-30s Sasieni patent 8 dot Marborough lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This has gotta end the day for me. :)
Sasieni_8Dot_Lovat.jpg

Misposted this in "SPC cellaring" this AM, I blame it on a coffee defecit.

Good morning BoBs. I'm having coffee with you this morning because it's snowing again. It's disappointing to be called off work but not surprising for Manitoba spring weather. Working on a golf course it is always bad to strain turf at temperature extremes, we want the turf to develop vigor and resistance before it gets heavy use. Frost damage, especially involving wear and equipment pressure, takes a long time to rebound.

So, I'm having Mark Twain in the Legend with a mug of Ovaltine Breakfast Blend and watching the lazy flakes through the window.

Wakey-Wakey.jpg

Back from serving lunch and going full Brit with Zippos gifted Condor in a Comoys Xmas 1995 billiard and a mug of Yorkshire tea. Jose, our gardener, is planting the new Austrian pine we bought over the weekend to replace the Colorado Blue Spruce we lost last year to a fungus. Off to the Legion in an hour or so for SAL burger night.
Full Brit indeed
Now if I can just get you to have a full English breakfast. I'll send you your Citizenship 🤣🤣🤣

Good Morning!
I neglected to post much yesterday, it was a busy day and I smoked mainly Westminster in Rob Roys with the exception of C&D After Hours Flake in a Pride. I let Lynda sleep in this morning and I'm almost done with my first bowl of Westminster and first k-cup of coffee.

A very good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
A bit late getting up this morning, the damn bed hoist that transfers me to my chair wasn't working, so had to stay put, until Mrs Z noticed the plug wasn't fully inserted. It must have been pulled out some how 🤔 But at least it saved on an engineers call out. So I'm down stairs, perusing my racks of pipes, with a Jar of Rangers Blended Round Up in hand. And the pipe will be....a Petersons Connemara 106s with a saddle Plip stem.
A quick word to my Great Buddy Ranger on his Round Up. Stop messing about Buddy and open your own shop....I love it
Pete Connemara 106S.jpg

Full Brit indeed
Now if I can just get you to have a full English breakfast. I'll send you your Citizenship 🤣🤣🤣
Just what is a full English breakfast? Can't really remember what I had when I was there but I do know it was a bit difficult to get coffee. They always wanted to give me tea, lol.

Just what is a full English breakfast? Can't really remember what I had when I was there but I do know it was a bit difficult to get coffee. They always wanted to give me tea, lol.
We're not a great nation of coffee drinkers, although I have noticed over the last few years, it's getting more and more popular, I suspect due to the advancement and ease of use coffee machines...below is an example of a full english
IMG-3022.jpg

A very good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
A bit late getting up this morning, the damn bed hoist that transfers me to my chair wasn't working, so had to stay put, until Mrs Z noticed the plug wasn't fully inserted. It must have been pulled out some how 🤔 But at least it saved on an engineers call out. So I'm down stairs, perusing my racks of pipes, with a Jar of Rangers Blended Round Up in hand. And the pipe will be....a Petersons Connemara 106s with a saddle Plip stem.
A quick word to my Great Buddy Ranger on his Round Up. Stop messing about Buddy and open your own shop....I love it
View attachment 17760
Not likely. Although I've managed a few good blends I've also had many that were total flops, lol.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Also enjoying the last of this bag of Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat.
View attachment 17730

We're not a great nation of coffee drinkers, although I have noticed over the last few years, it's getting more and more popular, I suspect due to the advancement and ease of use coffee machines...below is an example of a full englishView attachment 17761
That looks very appetizing but if I ate a breakfast like that every day I'd weigh 300 pounds or 136 kilos, lol. Most I ever eat is a couple of scrambled eggs, couple of pork sausages and a few potatoes. And the occasional Denver omelet. But to get my citizenship I could probably do it once, lol.