What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everyone. Wife took Charlie for a walk and Molly and Augie are sleeping in so enjoying some quiet time on the patio with CS Choctaw in a Sav Hercules 606EX with morning coffee. Nothing on the schedule today so will be knocking out some chores around the house. Fertilizing trees and shrubs, putting out wildflower seeds in the open area, etc. Have a great day guys.

Had a very busy day, and couldn't post until now. Here's what I have smoked today:

Pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Did a set of walking reps and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2010 FVF in a straight smooth dark brown 1896 W.H. Newman, Ltd. billiard with a sterling silver band and a tapered yellow and orange stem with white swirls and an orific bit.
W.H. Newman_Cased_set.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Costa Rico Black Honey Geisha, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. One of the things that kept me busy today was learning from a friend of mine that a black cat had been hit by a car and killed a couple of blocks away from my house. I walked over to see if it was Abner the Eager. When I first saw the body, I though it was Abner due to its size and long tail being identical to our eager friend. When I looked a little closer, I noticed a few small streaks of white on its lower belly. It wasn't Abner, and I felt relief for that, but I also felt sadness for the poor little cat.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A quarter of a bowl left of year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a 1982 smooth straight Sasieni Ivory 105 Apple with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This was my first Sasieni. Bought it at my local Tinderbox for $9.95. Been taking photos and videos of the scampers. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Sasieni_Ivory_apple.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, salmon and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Tomorrow's going to be an off diet day! :) I'm half way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to clean a few pipes as I watch the Braves-Marlins game. Abner the Eager showed up to eat a few minutes ago. I don't think I was ever happier to see a feral than I was at that moment after what I saw experienced today. He got a lot of attention and food.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Just finished a bowl of Gentleman Caller in an Aldo Velani smooth poker with tea. This is an interesting blend. At first light I wasn't impressed but it did mellow out through the bowl. Think will try it in a fresh cob next time since I read that it will ghost a pipe. Will have to find the right pipe for it. Good evening BoBs.

Half way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Going to start work on a new Sabrina story.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

No pipe tonight, had plenty of SWR in a cob at work today. Thinning shrubs and roses, fertilizing and clearing beds of winter debris today. Two spruce removals as well, 40 footers, both. I really don't like roses, it's a bloodletting every time they need work. The pipe eases the misery. I've got spruce and rose rash everywhere, not to mention sap tangled arms.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2019 C&D Derringer in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 399 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to The Adventures of Superman as I work.
Comoy's_Lion's Head Canadian399.jpg

Well tonight I had a bowl of Holly’s Non Plus ultra. Supposed to be the worst reviewed blend on Tobacco Reviews. Our own JimInks gave it 1 star. I actually liked. The more floral the better for me. Love it. I want more.
Don't worry, man. @Ranger107 , @Swede and I are coming with butterfly nets to take you to the Home. 🤣 😇