What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I painted mums (80Year old) 2 story steps this morning and seeded it with some sand to stop her possibly going arse over tit (y)
And now enjoying some of my favorite brew with some jimas while getting pleasantly tipsy on some cheap goon :LOL:

1713929589239.png

Just finished a bowl of Gentleman Caller in an Aldo Velani smooth poker with tea. This is an interesting blend. At first light I wasn't impressed but it did mellow out through the bowl. Think will try it in a fresh cob next time since I read that it will ghost a pipe. Will have to find the right pipe for it. Good evening BoBs.
I am trying to determine what is the best entry Deer tongue blend. Crooner, Gentlemen caller or the Engine blend. I am intrigued by deer tongue.

Did some low calorie snacking, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty snap dragon apple, and am half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Daisy the Feral Princess slept most of the day and night except perhaps for the three hours when she was outside. Tomato the Brave doesn’t want to be near the scampers, who were out all day and evening in the den. He’s also nervous about Sam the Scamp being in attack mode toward any cats who gets near her babies. Same goes for all of the cats in the house.

Long Tail has finally learned to get in the top ridge of the playpen. She didn’t know what to do after that. I took photos and videos of that as well as scampers bathing and climbing on my hand, and of course, plenty of play fighting between them, too.
LTPerch1.jpg

LTPerch2.jpg

LTPerch4.jpg

SamLooksatLTPerch.jpg

Last edited:
Just fed Daisy the Feral princess and Tomato the Brave, and I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Reading baseball box scores.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Sam the Scamp was banging at the door, so I got up to let her out. I thought there was a chance I could get back to sleep, but then the scampers got the idea, unsuccessfully, of imitating their mom. I think I'll leave her out when I go to bed so we can get some sleep. I just finished smoking year 2021 KBV Your Welcome in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) Canadian Club 230 eight paneled billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watched an episode of Highway Patrol. It's about how I remember it.
Canadian_Club230(Comoy)_paneled-Billiard.jpg

Good Morning!
Lynda did most of the chores today and I took care of the lambs. I got some of the raised beds tilled yesterday, today we'll fertilize the last two that need it with rabbit poop. Since I finished yesterday's Abingdon I switched back to GLP Westminster for the rest of the day, and, I'm starting off with Westminster in an Apple Diplomat this morning.

I am trying to determine what is the best entry Deer tongue blend. Crooner, Gentlemen caller or the Engine blend. I am intrigued by deer tongue.
For me Crooner was a bit heavy but I liked the taste which is why I ordered the Gentleman Caller. Only had one bowl of it so far so too early to judge it. If you haven't had deer tongue Crooner is probably not the one I would start with.

Had a very busy day, and couldn't post until now. Here's what I have smoked today:

Pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 17891

Did a set of walking reps and smoked a bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 17893

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and smoked a bowl of year 2010 FVF in a straight smooth dark brown 1896 W.H. Newman, Ltd. billiard with a sterling silver band and a tapered yellow and orange stem with white swirls and an orific bit.
View attachment 17894

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Gold Star Costa Rico Black Honey Geisha, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 17892
Jim,
The Newman billiard's stem appears (to me!) to have been repaired as there is an almost straight line just short of the bit. Plus the amber button appears darker than the rest of the stem. Or my old eyes are just messed up and I have no idea what I'm talking about!!!! FTRPLT

Last edited:
Passing the first third of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg