What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim,
The Newman billiard's stem appears (to me!) to have been repaired as there is an almost straight line just short of the bit. Plus the amber button appears darker than the rest of the stem. Or my old eyes are just messed up and I have no idea what I'm talking about!!!! FTRPLT
I've wondered about that, too, so I took another look at it. On the other part of the stem, the colors match more, but that line is all around the bit. I felt no edges when I rubbed a fingernail against that vertical line. I even used a flashlight to look down the draft hole, and saw no seam. The material is the same. If it is a repair job, they did a great job.

Last edited:
Inaugural smoke in my new to me Rossi 8320. I’m taking her flying with the Squadron Leader. Smooth flight so far.
IMG_5454.jpeg

Inaugural smoke in my new to me Rossi 8320. I’m taking her flying with the Squadron Leader. Smooth flight so far.View attachment 17949
I've got a Savinelli 320, and it took a while to break in and hard to avoid a hot lower bowl. I didn't push it by trying to smoke to the bottom, and it is now a good smoker. Yours is a fine looking pipe.

Just finished smoking year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a straight smooth brown circa 1940s-50s JW (John Wanamaker) made in London (Comoy’s) 186 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This is the second time I smoked it.
JW_Billiard186.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Spent a little time outside with Harry the Hairy. I don't get many chances to do that. I'll post a couple photos later. Watching the Mets-Giants game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Smoking a Pete Lestrade with PS nougat,Mug of Kenya Colombian coffee. I was able to get 2 lawns done,then I decided to wash my wife's mini-van and as I was just about done -thunderstorms broke out.It rained for about 15 minutes and then the sun came back out.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Currently, I am close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

I couldn't post before now because of Long Tail.
LT_Looks_Camera.jpg

LT_HeadRub1.jpg

LT_ArmSnooze1.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two giant French cut pork chops with thirty-two freshly made Mediterranean stuffed grape leaves and a bowl of freshly made chocolate pudding for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia Flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Marlins game, and am getting ready to clean a few pipes.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Abner the Eager was here to eat this morning, and left as soon as he finished. Later this past afternoon, Harry the Hairy showed up to eat, and was so hungry that he wanted a double portion, which he got. I don’t get to spend much time with him, but I did this afternoon. Harry was so grateful for the attention that he spent a long time snoozing’ on the deck. My friend Teresa was here today, and Tomato the Brave showed her some attention… or was that vice-versa? Daisy the Feral Princess spent the day snoozing’, and staying away from Sam and the Scampers.
HarryEnjoysScratch.jpg

HarryLoungeSnooze.jpg
HarryLooksMeLounge1.jpg

Tomato&Teresa.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg