What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice thread, a lot of great pipe and tobacco combos (it is long so I only skimmed it, I did not read it all, so I'll have to peruse it more thoroughly later).

Haven't had a smoke yet today, but yesterday I did two combinations:

-Peterson Kilsdale XL15 (a nice bent bulldog) with 4noggins' "Bald Headed Teacher", a terrific mild English blend with just a little latakia. A great transition tobacco for someone new to English blends, and a nice smooth blend with a subtle touch of latakia for the rest of us (it has become one of my favorites).

-The weather got worse so I switched pipes to my Dr. Grabow Savoy. I paired the Grabow with W.O. Larsen Old Fashioned. Not my favorite tobacco but it is growing on me (either I'm just getting used to it, it is getting a lot better with age, or a little of both). It is a burley/Virginia blend.

Oh, when I go out to smoke in an hour or so, I'm thinking something weather appropriate. It isn't snowing, sleeting or raining anymore, but the ground is wet and snow covered, many parking lots and sidewalks are icy, and there is salt on the ground. If I fall I don't want a nice pipe getting snow and salt on it. So, I'll probably bring my corn cob out. For the tobacco, it is cold and wintery out so I'm thinking a nice English like Margate may be appropriate.

Earlier it was Irish Flake in a Lane Prince for the commute to work.

Peterson's irish Flake in an Eriksen for lunch.

Frog Morton in a Grabow for the ride home.

Heading to town with a bowl of SG's BBF in a IRC Dijon Sitter...

Frog Morton. For all those who suggested it.... Thanks, I think.. :eek:

11.F outside . Heading there for a bowl of Dan's Blue Note in a Peoria Canadian Sitter...

First bowl is Penzance in a Dr. Grabow Viscount bent billiard. My favorite weed in my old briar buddy. :sunny:

Wilke Rumcake in my Tao billiard with morning coffee.

Getting one more smoke in before heading off to work. It's Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club's VR Blend in a Ben Wade!

Status
Not open for further replies.